Is the $5 per day overstay rule still in place?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is the $5 per day overstay rule still in place?

Post by Kammekor »

explorer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:12 pm Image
What exactly do you think this picture proves?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ok,can the mods do their job that they do so well and clean up this thread and ONLY leave posts concerning the overstay rule>
I mean, that what we all want,right?
who cares if it's dop, dob or lop?

Just the facts ma'am :beer3:

For Explorer...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:50 pm
explorer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:12 pm Image
What exactly do you think this picture proves?
Funnily enough she is my tutor, has always told me it is Dob and in her book it is Dob. I will ask her why the confusion
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 pm ok,can the mods do their job that they do so well and clean up this thread and ONLY leave posts concerning the overstay rule>

Well, the OP's query and what you claim you want was answered on the first page. Doesn't seem much more in it does it? It's $10/day.

Why the need to come in at page 10 asking to have it cleaned up? If it annoys you so much why not ignore or better still why didn't you post same on page 2 after it went off topic? Or were you worried you might be shot down by other members who do care about if it's dop, dob or lop as you say?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:02 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 pm ok,can the mods do their job that they do so well and clean up this thread and ONLY leave posts concerning the overstay rule>

Well, the OP's query and what you claim you want was answered on the first page. Doesn't seem much more in it does it? It's $10/day.

Why the need to come in at page 10 asking to have it cleaned up? If it annoys you so much why not ignore or better still why didn't you post same on page 2 after it went off topic? Or were you worried you might be shot down by other members who do care about if it's dop, dob or lop as you say?
at the risk of being called out;
you really got a hard on for me , haven't ya :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:33 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:02 pm

at the risk of being called out;
you really got a hard on for me , haven't ya :beer3:
Really? :mrgreen: post376498.html#p376498
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Mods, would it be possible to split this thread into 2 separate topics?

I find this thread about small changes in pronounciation changing entire words very useful.

Unlike some other who have a terrific ear and have lived in the KOW for many years, the eternal traveller to the KOW has ears of lead or wood and appreciate all the tips that other might spurn as too basic.

Especially the distinct ending sounds changing words. Khmer often speak so softly and quickly. Spelling them out phonetically is a big plus!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic