Does anyone know of a competent Electrician?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Does anyone know of a competent Electrician?

Post by jovial fucher »

I need an AC and some lighting installed on their own breaker.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Does anyone know of a competent Electrician?

Post by Doc67 »

jovial fucher wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:38 am I need an AC and some lighting installed on their own breaker.
I sent you a PM
rebeccamu
Tourist

Post by rebeccamu »

My neighbor had the same story, he called an electrician without a license, because it's cheaper, and in the end, this electrician burned all his wiring.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

rebeccamu wrote:My neighbor had the same story, he called an electrician without a license, because it's cheaper, and in the end, this electrician burned all his wiring.
There's no such thing as a "license" here for electricians.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Don Bosco have been issuing a TVET accreditation for sparkies for years and years - in my opinion it's about same level of skill as a second year apprentice in my home country

You could give them a bell and ask for a recommended guy for your job. I know that they also train AC/Refrigeration techs too

Once upon a time another vocational training place at the corner of 172 and 19 offered to send me their "master electrician" and his pupils to wire a premises for a very low fee if I bought the supplies.

That was a nightmare and cost me more to put right than the supplies did, but I reckon Don Bosco guys are trained solidly enough having been lucky enough to have worked with a few here and there
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Yes
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Just yakked to my mate, a sparky. He told me the wiring over here is almost "backwards". He backed out of a job in chinookville 'cause he reckon he would have had to rip out the existing and start over. Where and What's the job?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sorry, where? He can PM you. He said a local might even be better, because they are already "thinking in reverse" (must be sparky-talk). I guess 2 wrongs might make a right (after all, two Wrights made an airplane).
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You all realize the OP is from Nov 2019?
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:14 pm You all realize the OP is from Nov 2019?
Maybe op hasn't had some lights not an ac since 2019
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic