1st weekend at Phuket with wife, any tips?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I need to plan a weekend at Phuket for my (Cambodian) wife birthday end of this month.
First visit.
AirAsia direct return tickets are cheap, under $125.
Any advices about where to stay (4/5 stars hotel or ressort), and what to do (and what not to do) day and night for 2 or 3 days?

Thanks for all your tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: 1st weekend at Phuket with wife, any tips?

Post by Duncan »

Nicolas wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 am I need to plan a weekend at Phuket for my (Cambodian) wife birthday end of this month.
First visit.
Any advices about where to stay (4/5 stars hotel or ressort), and what to do (and what not to do) day and night for 2 or 3 days?

Your going to thank me many times if you take my advice.
Spoiler:
DONT GO
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what are you into?
partying, shopping? Stay in Patong
Want something quieter?...I live in Kamala. has everything you need. Check out the NEW Twinpalms MontAzure resort,
https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/twinpa ... type=total&
right on the beach, walk to shops & restaurants,clubs on the beach, etc along the beach
8 kms north of Patong

OR Use, booking.com, search for price range ur into and .......
Plenty of tours everywhere for daytime and will pick up from every beach

DONT visit the tiger kingdom, dont ride any elephants, dont take a ladyboy home for a "ménage à trois"

Tuktuk's, taxis Dont use the meters so always make sure you know the price before you get in.
We have grab here...https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php ... t-Thailand

Its a lovely island with some great beaches, food and plenty to see and do. Been my home for over 34 years...
Ignore any naysaver that thinks Patong is all phuket has to offer.
Last edited by phuketrichard on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Duncan wrote:
Nicolas wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 am I need to plan a weekend at Phuket for my (Cambodian) wife birthday end of this month.
First visit.

Spoiler:
DONT GO
Ok, change of plan.
I need to go anywhere, departure Friday, return Sunday. Not a place we’ve been already (Singapore, Jakarta, KL, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh) and why not Phuket after all [edited]

Any ideas?

Last edited by Nicolas on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

PhuketRichard is the resident expert in all things Phuket. He is always very willing to share his knowledge, you could always pm him and ask him to impart his insights with you as he has lived in Phuket since Christ was a cowboy. Expect a response that is void of punctuation and capital letters.

Edited

He beat me to it and used both caps and punctuation. He may have a mancrush for you.
Last edited by Anthony's Weiner on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Nicolas wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:14 am
Duncan wrote:
First visit.

Spoiler:
DONT GO
Ok, change of plan.
I need to go anywhere, departure Friday, return Sunday. Not a place we’ve been already (Singapore, Jakarta, KL, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh) and not Phuket.

Any ideas?

why??cause duncan says dont go>> 6million + visitors travel here yearly and love it and over 30 % return more than once.

You and ur wife will love it here
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

phuketrichard wrote:what are you into?
Want something quieter?...I live in Kamala. has everything you need. Check out the NEW Twinpalms MontAzure resort,
right on the beach, walk to shops & restaurants,clubs on the beach, etc along the beach
8 kms north of Patong

DONT visit the tiger kingdom, dont ride any elephants, dont take a ladyboy home for a "ménage à trois"

Tuktuk's, taxis Dont use the meters so always make sure you know the price before you get in.

Its a lovely island with some great beaches, food and plenty to see and do. Been my home for over 34 years...
Partying and shopping sounds nice, I like busy places and crowds. My wife likes seafood and basically eat something every 2 hours.
No animal tours planned. No ladyboys or 3some on the bucket list. Drag queen shows are welcome though for the entertainment.
So Patong is to be considered after all!

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Nicolas wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:22 am
phuketrichard wrote:what are you into?
8 kms north of Patong

Partying and shopping sounds nice, I like busy places and crowds. My wife likes seafood and basically eat something every 2 hours.
No animal tours planned. No ladyboys or 3some on the bucket list. Drag queen shows are welcome though for the entertainment.
So Patong is to be considered after all!

Patong will suit ya fine, :beer1: Plenty of 3-5 star resorts just use booking.com. Soi bangla at night, rent a motorcycle for a trip around the island or a private taxi for around 1,500-1,800 baht for 6 hours
Simon Cabaret for the show
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Patong has it all except clean sea. You will want to go to another beach to swim which is not far away but taxi and tuk tuks are expensive in Phuket if you need to swim every day.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

We stayed at the Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa at Patong last June for 3 nights. Very big place with choice of onsite restaurants and 2 pools. The pool further up the back of the resort was great...much bigger and less busy than the one at the front next to the restaurant..recommended. (I'd attach a video I took but dunno how).

Renovated rooms..we had an Ocean View suite with spa bath..view was OK but bit of road noise otherwise handy to the front of the resort and the breakfast area. But many other room options further back. The place wasn't busy at the time but that was good for service.

A bit further away from busy Banghla Rd but there is a free shuttle bus at various times daily. Coming home late you need taxi tho.

https://www.diamondcliff.com/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic