Experience with JCI Airlines BKK-PNH?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Experience with JCI Airlines BKK-PNH?

Post by ExPenhMan »

Looking for a cheaper alternative to sky-high pricing of Bangkok Airways for a Bangkok-Phnom Penh run soon. JCI is definitely cheaper than BA by a couple of thousand baht.

Any experiences with JCI Airlines to report?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Experience with JCI Airlines BKK-PNH?

Post by Kammekor »

Just another airline. Flew them twice, uneventful. You get a cup of water and can bring 20 kg.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I have the same experience as Kammekor. No problem but no leg space.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Same here. About $120 but that includes 20kg luggage. Cambodia Airline sometime comes up cheaper but JC have very nice flight times:

PP to BKK 11:05 - 12:20
BKK to PP 13:20 - 14:40

No rush hour issues and no check-in or check-out issues.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Who uses Bangkok airways when air asia is so cheap ?!
And how much costs JCI ? never know about them.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:23 pm Same here. About $120 but that includes 20kg luggage. Cambodia Airline sometime comes up cheaper but JC have very nice flight times:

PP to BKK 11:05 - 12:20
BKK to PP 13:20 - 14:40

No rush hour issues and no check-in or check-out issues.

That's what caught my eye, first. Arrival and departure times are perfect. Air Asia's are awful.

Cambodia Angkor's BKK to PNH flights go to SGN first, doubling the airfares. I used to fly Cambodia Angkor all the time but they stopped direct flights from BKK to PNH several years ago.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

For 'budget' I like Lanmei but use JC when Lanmei's website so slow to load (which is quite often). JC is absolutely fine.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

joelightcloud wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:01 pm For 'budget' I like Lanmei but use JC when Lanmei's website so slow to load (which is quite often). JC is absolutely fine.

I don't know if you know but you can compare all flights and book Lanmei's (and other airlines too) tickets directly through trip.com without any extra fees. And that site works fast always and you can use credit card for payment.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:10 pm
joelightcloud wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:01 pm For 'budget' I like Lanmei but use JC when Lanmei's website so slow to load (which is quite often). JC is absolutely fine.

I don't know if you know but you can compare all flights and book Lanmei's (and other airlines too) tickets directly through trip.com without any extra fees. And that site works fast always and you can use credit card for payment.
Never had the desire to use third party sites, I feel much more comfortable using airlines own sites.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Sometimes third parties offers better deals than direct booking and great extras like choosing your seat. Always great to compare.
I’ll try trip dot com, thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic