"Uppers" without prescription?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I would also add if you are travelling I am assuming that it is across SEA not just Cambodia? Always be careful that you aren't taking anything across the borders that conflict with other countries laws. Each country has its own laws on prescription drugs.
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

Post by kenneth.wangen »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm
kenneth.wangen wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 pm Hi, angkorjohn2.

Thank you very much for you inputs and opinions. In my opinion I am not asking because I want to do something illegal in this country. Quite on the contrary, I am asking because I want to know what is customary here and whether it is legal or not. Just like with relaxants, like diazepam etc. which seem to be much more liberal here than in the west. And now I know, so thank you again, sir.
Hi Kenny

I apologize if it came across as forceful but we get a lot of young people passing through searching for uppers and if they cant get it from a pharmacy they will likely take some crap off the street often in lethal doses or pure heroin sold as cocaine. Or potentially some locally produced version of an upper from a less trustworthy pharmacy the ingredients of which you can never 100% trust

Why would you need it? You say you need energy to travel? An early night, morning exercise and natural stimulant will see you OK as a young man. Not sure what you need for when travelling, you're on holiday, enjoy it, and outside of the happy pizza's avoid purchasing any drugs in Cambodia. Safe travels sir

No worries! :beer3: I am not one of those people.
Safe travels!
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

Post by kenneth.wangen »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:30 pm I would also add if you are travelling I am assuming that it is across SEA not just Cambodia? Always be careful that you aren't taking anything across the borders that conflict with other countries laws. Each country has its own laws on prescription drugs.
I am aware of that, but thank very much!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Look for cold pills with ephedrine. Plenty of them around.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

So funny, mention uppers and people get uncomfortable, but Xanax, valium, synthetic opiates, etc, right over the counter no problem.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Are Nootropil Piracetam pills uppers? You can find that in pharmacies here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

canucklhead wrote:Look for cold pills with ephedrine. Plenty of them around.
Never found ephedrine in PP. Do you have a brand in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

kenneth.wangen wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 pm Hi, angkorjohn2.

Thank you very much for you inputs and opinions. In my opinion I am not asking because I want to do something illegal in this country. Quite on the contrary, I am asking because I want to know what is customary here and whether it is legal or not, to make shure I don't risk breaking the law. Just like with relaxants, like diazepam etc. which seem to be much more liberal here than in the west (and apparantly is being discussed at length here at this website - which demands membership and therefore it is debateable whether public or not). And now I know, so thank you again, sir.
It's my belief t.he.y wants a half-sleeping / relaxed population rather than one that is wide awake, full of energy, and paranoid. Hence why one genre is okay and the other is not.

I'd like to smoke DMT, I'm just throwing that out there if anyone has a connect. Damn you Joe Rogan :)
Still here, in country...
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am So funny, mention uppers and people get uncomfortable, but Xanax, valium, synthetic opiates, etc, right over the counter no problem.
to clarify Felgerkarb I completely agree with you sir, I think it is a major concern they are also available with many people not having the education around their use especially when mixed with alcohol and the dangers linked with that as we often see on these pages, often these are linked to many deaths of young people here. However, the post was about uppers so I, and I'm sure others, only addressed the question of the uppers.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re:

Post by fax »

Nicolas wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 am Are Nootropil Piracetam pills uppers? You can find that in pharmacies here.
No, it doesn’t give a high.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic