Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

stupid-barang wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm Someone fabricated a story to get you arrested and/or possibly paid the police to bring charges against you.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked 'how is it' in Cambodia, I said Khmer people can't be trusted, and you run the risks of having false charges brought against you.

All the kool-aid drinkers called me out, and said I was 'butt hurt'

As you were....​
Again you show yourself to be nothing but a bigot. What makes you think he was scammed? If a foreigner was arrested for long term drug dealing in your home country would you jump to the conclusion that they were "scammed"? Seriously, I don't get why some of you are over here. The only redeeming point is that I doubt you'll last much longer. Don't let the door slap your ass on the way out.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

stupid-barang wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm Someone fabricated a story to get you arrested and/or possibly paid the police to bring charges against you.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked 'how is it' in Cambodia, I said Khmer people can't be trusted, and you run the risks of having false charges brought against you.

As you were....​
When I was in LA I tried to buy some coke from a guy on the corner and he kept my money and told me to fuck off. A friend of mine got overcharged in Seattle in a taxi. Americans can t be trusted.

You are not just butt hurt my friend.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Would we be talking about the resort that used to be next to The big Easy ?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I remember a long winded tale about a blind man and his dog called Monty. Since then I have been trying to develop a 'sniff-test'. It's only a prototype at this stage but this fails it.

So, OP, post some photos of any of your courts documents (delivered under armed guard) and further and better particulars of your dive centre, i.e. the name of it. Let's see if you have anything to back up your story.

If you are real you have been given some very sage advice by John Bingham. Take it.

If you are a fake, then stop wasting our time.
stupid-barang
Expatriate

Post by stupid-barang »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:33 pm

As you were....​
Again you show yourself to be nothing but a bigot. What makes you think he was scammed? If a foreigner was arrested for long term drug dealing in your home country would you jump to the conclusion that they were "scammed"? Seriously, I don't get why some of you are over here. The only redeeming point is that I doubt you'll last much longer. Don't let the door slap your ass on the way out.
CEO always does a great job of avoiding the underlying problem and attack others who bring valid points. The OP shares his story and 90% of the people try and call him out, punch holes in the story, etc. All while avoiding the truth. My comments were 100% factual, if you want to keep on the rose colored glasses and continue drinking the cool-aid, have at it.

The truth is khmer people can't be trusted, if you haven't had any problems yet, good on you. But the truth cannot be changed.

This is not my home country, this is Cambodia.
"seriously why are you here?
Why don't you f*** off and continue speaking how about [Mod edit: No need to make personal, slanderous assumptions]. It sure makes you look better then talking with grown folks about grown up things.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

The police gave you your out and you chose not to take it.
You could have taken your partner for a "final dive"
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

stupid-barang wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:03 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:33 pm

As you were....​
CEO always does a great job of avoiding the underlying problem and attack others who bring valid points. The OP shares his story and 90% of the people try and call him out, punch holes in the story, etc. All while avoiding the truth. My comments were 100% factual, if you want to keep on the rose colored glasses and continue drinking the cool-aid, have at it.

The truth is khmer people can't be trusted, if you haven't had any problems yet, good on you. But the truth cannot be changed.

This is not my home country, this is Cambodia.
"seriously why are you here?
Why don't you f*** off and continue speaking how about [Mod edit: No need to make personal, slanderous assumptions]. It sure makes you look better then talking with grown folks about grown up things.
Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity.

"Khmer people can't be trusted", ' My comments were 100% factual" stupid barang, does it get hot wearing a white hood all day?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

stupid-barang wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:03 amMy comments were 100% factual.......
That statement didn't involve facts it was based on anecdotal evidence.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

So if somebody has a problem, and they come on this forum for ideas as to what to do, they can be expected to be told they are stupid and it is their fault. Is that right?

Only a few people have offered suggestions as to what to do.

While I have no direct knowledge of this particular situation, some people are falsely accused of crimes. There is the example of the two Burmese accused of murder on death island.

Do you think the op will come back for further discussion, with so many personal attacks?

Do you think if you have a problem, you will get any support from people on this forum?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

Hot mess all the way around. Cut your losses, learn, and walk away...
Locked Previous topicNext topic