"Uppers" without prescription?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

"Uppers" without prescription?

Post by kenneth.wangen »

Hi, there!

While there clearly are many pharmaceuticals available to help you relax (without a prescription), I wonder if there is possible to get some "uppers" or if you need a prescription? Need all the energy I can while travelling....

Kind regards,

Kenny
RobinHood
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by RobinHood »

Hi Kenneth-

Most pharmacies *Might* sell Ritalin, a pharmaceutical grade stimulant. But I don't recommend this. Just get plenty of sleep and drink water, and don't booze too much.

RobinHood
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

Post by kenneth.wangen »

Hi, Robin Hood.

Thank you very much for answering and for the tips. Do you have any experience with ritalin?
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

RobinHood wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm Hi Kenneth-

Most pharmacies *Might* sell Ritalin, a pharmaceutical grade stimulant. But I don't recommend this. Just get plenty of sleep and drink water, and don't booze too much.

RobinHood
Ritalin is not sold here without prescription and to my knowledge no "uppers" are sold over the counter, cambodia is very strict on this. My suggestion is wait until you get home to take up "uppers" anything you get here will likely kill you and we will see pictures of your dead bloated corpse lying half naked on the bed of whichever guest house you are staying in after you were discovered after a couple of days as the smell got so bad the cleaners noticed. Don't be that guy. Have a coffee or a red bull if you are desperate for a buzz.
Last edited by angkorjohn2 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 pm
RobinHood wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm Hi Kenneth-

RobinHood
Ritalin is not sold here without prescription and to my knowledge no "uppers" are sold over the counter, cambodia is very strict on this. My suggestion is wait until you get home to take up "uppers" anything you get here will likely kill you and we will see pictures of your dead bloated corpse lying half naked on the bed of whichever guest house you are staying in after you were discovered after a couple of days. Don't be that guy. Have a coffee or a red bull if you are desperate for a buzz.
I'd also like to add that sticking your actual name and photo up on a post trawling for uppers on a public forum is not a particularly smart move sir.
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

Post by kenneth.wangen »

Hi, angkorjohn2.

Thank you very much for you inputs and opinions. In my opinion I am not asking because I want to do something illegal in this country. Quite on the contrary, I am asking because I want to know what is customary here and whether it is legal or not, to make shure I don't risk breaking the law. Just like with relaxants, like diazepam etc. which seem to be much more liberal here than in the west (and apparantly is being discussed at length here at this website - which demands membership and therefore it is debateable whether public or not). And now I know, so thank you again, sir.
Last edited by kenneth.wangen on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The answer is no, you cannot get amphetamine type pharmaceuticals over the counter or even on prescription here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

kenneth.wangen wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 pm Hi, angkorjohn2.

Thank you very much for you inputs and opinions. In my opinion I am not asking because I want to do something illegal in this country. Quite on the contrary, I am asking because I want to know what is customary here and whether it is legal or not. Just like with relaxants, like diazepam etc. which seem to be much more liberal here than in the west. And now I know, so thank you again, sir.
Hi Kenny

I apologize if it came across as forceful but we get a lot of young people passing through searching for uppers and if they cant get it from a pharmacy they will likely take some crap off the street often in lethal doses or pure heroin sold as cocaine. Or potentially some locally produced version of an upper from a less trustworthy pharmacy the ingredients of which you can never 100% trust

Why would you need it? You say you need energy to travel? An early night, morning exercise and natural stimulant will see you OK as a young man. Not sure what you need for when travelling, you're on holiday, enjoy it, and outside of the happy pizza's avoid purchasing any drugs in Cambodia. Safe travels sir
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

Post by kenneth.wangen »

Hi, John.

Thank you very much for your answer.
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Norway

Post by kenneth.wangen »

I apologize if it came across as forceful but we get a lot of young people passing through searching for uppers and if they cant get it from a pharmacy they will likely take some crap off the street often in lethal doses or pure heroin sold as cocaine. Or potentially some locally produced version of an upper from a less trustworthy pharmacy the ingredients of which you can never 100% trust

No worries! :beer3: I am not one of those people.

Safe travels!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic