Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Isaanbarang »

You knew he was dealing and protected him. You didn t settle your debt to him and let him hang. He got the upper hand and returned the favor. My advice would be don t protect drug dealers in the future, Be careful who's hands you put your balls in. Start fresh and smarter somewhere new ie far away and Don t speak of it again
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

SeaWolf again?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Most people seem to be focused on what the op did wrong in the past. Nobody can change the past. The op wants suggestions as to what is best to do in the future.

None of us know all of the details of what has happened. If we did, we may have different ideas.

You definitely need to completely and permanently disassociate from your business partner. I would leave the country fairly quickly. Just see if you can sell a few items to recoup a little of your money, if that is possible without stirring up a hornets nest.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

sigmoid wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:37 pmSeaWolf again?
Apparently not.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

explorer wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 pm Most people seem to be focused on what the op did wrong in the past. Nobody can change the past. The op wants suggestions as to what is best to do in the future.

None of us know all of the details of what has happened. If we did, we may have different ideas.

You definitely need to completely and permanently disassociate from your business partner. I would leave the country fairly quickly. Just see if you can sell a few items to recoup a little of your money, if that is possible without stirring up a hornets nest.
There are no real facts to go on - just a highly dubious story full of holes.

But I agree your plan for him. Go away. Get your shit together. Formulate a plan and then......

stupid-barang
Expatriate

Post by stupid-barang »

Someone fabricated a story to get you arrested and/or possibly paid the police to bring charges against you.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked 'how is it' in Cambodia, I said Khmer people can't be trusted, and you run the risks of having false charges brought against you.

All the kool-aid drinkers called me out, and said I was 'butt hurt'

As you were....​
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

stupid-barang wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm
A couple of weeks ago someone asked 'how is it' in Cambodia, I said Khmer people can't be trusted, and you run the risks of having false charges brought against you.

Only if you are a stupid barang :beer3:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

The majority of the locals have been scammed since birth, just read the news.
Even a perfect behaviour cannot protect you from beiing shat over from time to time.

The kind of place where it's not an acceptable option to mix with stupid or nasty people, if you want to last.

I would have punched the fucker and called the cops myself after seiing the pics.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I still don't know what I am being charged with
You allowed your premises to be used for the supply of illegal narcotics. That's pretty clear. You might also be changed with supply yourself. You sound like a total idiot who is in denial about your own complicity in this, but it seems like the local law enforcement officials are more clued in. Get the hell out of Dodge and lick your wounds elsewhere, you have no future here outside of an overcrowded cell.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Locked Previous topicNext topic