So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so much...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Post by FreeSocrates! »

ryoon wrote:Thet really did post PM ? Are they crazy ? Who will be a member of a forum where the mode can get away with this? Is this only legal ?

What are the detail exactly for the one who have follow the story ?
I cherish my privacy. Hearing this, is a deal breaker for me.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

In the online world, money tends to follow eyeballs. (I've lived off online publishing income for 8+ years)

No more eyeballs = no more money... the fact that a site has advertisers now is no way an indication that it will have advertisers in the future.

Especially if such a site is stampeding all over the basic privacy rights of its content creators.

Honestly, I didn't enjoy alot of OD's posts on that site (for the record he's gotten alot better as time has progressed).

I still believe that Admins should never read PM's. (Private Messages, meaning PRIVATE). In fact I'm surprised that people make software that allows them too (why not encrypt it???).

I very much doubt that Admins were asked to Publish PM's for legal reasons as they claim (I'd like to see a better explanation about this, but I have to assume with all the Modfuckery, it's not going to come).

This is a privacy violation towards the Online Cambodia Expat Community as a whole, seemingly born out of arrogance, ego and contempt.

To anyone that's paying attention and cares about online privacy, it's lost all credibility as a trusted space to exchange information.

That's a slippery slope to not being able to cash any cheques at all.
Last edited by FreeSocrates! on Sun May 25, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I thought it was particularly disgusting for KiR to name OrangeDragon in the same sentence with a «THE MODS AGREE WITH YOU, SOI DOG, THAT'S WHY WE'RE TAKING OUT THIS WORDING, WHICH WE WOULD DO FOR ANY CEO MEMBER» on that site, as if OD was somehow involved or in suspicion of posting illegal pictures on K440. What as small small little angry boy KiR is showing himself to be.

^EDIT BY THE GENERAL. #TRANSPARENCY
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yes, the lawyer quickly disclaimed that slur!
emblematic of the origins of where we find ourselves today LOL!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

frank lee bent wrote:yes, the lawyer quickly disclaimed that slur!
emblematic of the origins of where we find ourselves today LOL!

Yeah I saw that. It came almost immediately as well lol
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I don't believe that admin can't see PM's without banning account.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I hadn't noticed the User statistics at the bottom of the entry page particularly much before, but now I can't help comparing the respective registered user online figures when I log in since these are the thread starters and what will make the content interesting. Good to see from a CEO perspective in such a short timeframe. :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
migratory
Expatriate
Israel

Post by migratory »

I don't know the parties personally, and haven't been to the Garage, but as a former poster on K440, I was offended by some of the behavioral patterns of the persons in charge there. The tone was getting nasty and one sided indeed. Of course irony is hard to distinguish from outright disrespect in writing, but I also reckon it to be a tedious job taking care of a busy online forum. OD who is now running this one, was using K440 to promote his website, he posted a lot, so I was not surprised to see him eventually try and make a spinoff sooner or later. I don't want to get into it with the K440 crowd or anyone here, but am surely amused by what appear to be a storm in a glass of water, with plenty of juvenile and childish behavior to follow from some. Anyway, best of luck to all, and happy Sunday. Cheers.

:beer:
jonnohitler
Expatriate

Post by jonnohitler »

I think it's the hypocrisy that gets many people annoyed. An anti-monger website that is funded by whorebar adverts? A free-speech zone where it's ok to be to the right of Attila the Hun but you get banned for calling out Jews? It's a joke, and compounded by KiR's egoism and preciousness. I think he's just incredibly insecure. He gives it out online but in real life as soon as anyone questions him he 'has to catch a bus'.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

jonnohitler wrote:I think it's the hypocrisy that gets many people annoyed. An anti-monger website that is funded by whorebar adverts? A free-speech zone where it's ok to be to the right of Attila the Hun but you get banned for calling out Jews? It's a joke, and compounded by KiR's egoism and preciousness. I think he's just incredibly insecure. He gives it out online but in real life as soon as anyone questions him he 'has to catch a bus'.
So...jonnnopfc - professional hater of all people not like him is back...the closeted gay bloke with secret nasty hairy stinky Jews in his family background...are you still trolling for slender boys in skinny jeans, eh? jonno private first class Hitler? Hitler was a corporal by the way...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic