Assholes Abroad – The Worst Tourists in South East Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Assholes Abroad – The Worst Tourists in South East Asia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

by Oli
June 24, 2019

We’ve come to realise that people ruin everything and no matter where you are in the world,..

On occasion, he’d slam things, perhaps chairs or tables or other such items. Since he talked so loudly to anybody that seemed to listen, we learnt an awful lot about him in the three days we were there. As it transpired, he had recently been dumped by his girlfriend, Emma. Here are just some of the gems he came out with during his drunken talks:“I didn’t hit her!”....“I had to sleep outside…outside my own fucking house”....“Emma left me, don’t know why”The ‘best’ comment he made was to two girls in their twenties who were also staying in the guesthouse as they entered their room one evening:....“Are you sure you two ain’t shagging?”

We’d been waiting for around 20 minutes as it seemed there were a couple of others still to come. The tour guide, who was sublime, was busy preparing water bottles and other such stuff. In front of us, we could hear the two Brits complaining to each other.....“Why haven’t we left yet?”....“What the fuck is taking so long?”....“For fuck’s sake!”and so on.....“Can I have my water?” one of them asked aggressively.....“One moment, sir, I finish the checks” replied the guide.
“I’ve been waiting here for over an hour for us to leave so can I have it now?”...It would’ve literally been two minutes longer for the British guy to wait but no, his entitled assholeness shone through. It had also been twenty minutes and not “an hour”. As soon as the checks were complete, the guide took to the microphone and told us the itinerary for the day and that we would return to the city between 2:30pm and 3pm....“For fuck’s sake, 3??” muttered one of the Brits.

Not long after the boat left, the woman decided her (very long) hair needed retying. Instead of sitting sideways, she flicked her hair back into the face of the Laotian man behind her with total disregard. Not once, not twice, not even three times. I can’t even say how many times throughout the whole six-hour journey she decided she ‘needed’ to redo her hair.

One of the most popular tours in Siem Reap is a sunrise tour of Angkor Wat......One of them was the Australian in question. ....As 8am rolled around, we walked towards the east exit, no sign of the Australian. The bus was waiting, we all filed on and we waited. 15 minutes later, no sign......Still no sign of her twenty minutes after we told her to be there so, true to his word, the bus left. We couldn’t care less about the Australian since she chose to ignore the guide’s instructions. It was also amusing to us that she’d left some of her belongings on the bus.....

full https://notbritsabroad.com/assholes-abr ... Guesthouse
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Assholes Abroad – The Worst Tourists in South East Asia

I have to say one of the reasons I enjoy Nepal so much is it's pretty much devoid of western assholes. Noisy Indians in hotels with hacking throats, loud inconsiderate voices and door/cupboard slamming antics are another issue, however.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:12 pm I have to say one of the reasons I enjoy Nepal so much is it's pretty much devoid of western assholes. Noisy Indians in hotels with hacking throats, loud inconsiderate voices and door/cupboard slamming antics are another issue, however.
thats cause the people that travel to Nepal dont go there to get drunk and laid :stir:

get out of those $5 hotel rooms where all the Indians stay
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:12 pm I have to say one of the reasons I enjoy Nepal so much is it's pretty much devoid of western assholes. Noisy Indians in hotels with hacking throats, loud inconsiderate voices and door/cupboard slamming antics are another issue, however.
thats cause the people that travel to Nepal dont go there to get drunk and laid :stir:

get out of those $5 hotel rooms where all the Indians stay
It's a twenty dollar hotel room bargained down from thirty for a month's stay. Your ability to make false assumptions again fails you, richard.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ur spending $20/night tostay in a hotel that also has Indians in it.
The mind boggles;
i had a $19/night studio apt in Patan you could get for $10/night
ur overpaying
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

My brain, whenever I read a Phuket Richard post:

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Sorry, but writing an article like that makes "Oli" just such an a**hole as the ones he slags off.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:30 pm i had a $19/night studio apt in Patan you could get for $10/night
ur overpaying
I'm not really into dick pissing competitions, richard, but you have no idea where my hotel is located, what standard it is,.....You seem to display a tremendous lack of self awareness, and your innate ability to make assumptions is, well.....
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

hanno wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:37 pm Sorry, but writing an article like that makes "Oli" just such an a**hole as the ones he slags off.
And the reality is by assholiness standards these examples might fall into the category of mildly frustrating events, but far from the aggravation some CEO members may have experienced in their days.

Like in Udon Thani when some pillock walked up behind me while I'm having a quiet drink and puts me in a sleeper..
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:30 pm ur spending $20/night tostay in a hotel that also has Indians in it.
The mind boggles;
i had a $19/night studio apt in Patan you could get for $10/night
ur overpaying
Are you Jewish ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic