The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

God damn, Conrad is on a roll! How does he come up with this stuff? I smell a book deal.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

Mr Muay Thai - this guy is covered in Thai toos that he got from monks and he spends most days hammering the heavy bag. He’s ripped so usually wears sleeveless t shirts (local beer brand) to display his muscles and his tats. He’s had 9 fights (5 wins, 4 losses) and he had his wai cru (spelling?) routine is locked down. He doesn’t go to the gym he ‘goes training’ He works as an English teacher and hangs out in the bars where he enjoys the worship he receives from backpackers. He is known to say stuff like ‘living the dream dude, living the dream’ and ‘fight or flight motherfucka’.Deep down he’s desperately homesick and will eventually go home and back to his old middle management job once his extremely attractive local girlfriend gets pregnant. Then he might resurface every couple of years saying this time he’s in it for the long haul but of course he never stays.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Has Smoking Joe met Jamie?
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Some of these are starting to get personal.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Felgerkarb wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 pm Some of these are starting to get personal.
obviously all of them are
maybe it's the same guy from a couple of months ago still sat at the bar

monstra mihi bona!
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

It’s not meant to be personal but as they are all too familiar to everyone and as we are all expats you might fall into a category. It’s not insulting, just an observation. I have already included myself as one of these dickheads.

The true dickhead Is the guy that doesn’t realise he is a dickhead and this makes him a cunt. The dickhead that is fully aware of his dickheadness becomes a likeable dickhead.

A bit of self knowledge goes a long way.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i never meet any of these types in Cambodia or Thailand as i dont frequent bars or places they, ( tourists) would hang out.
I am very happy in my own private world with my gf.
Thank god.

When i did frequent bars an someone tried to start a conversation, i played deaf.

One thing i have learned after being over in se asia awhille,
we were ALL someone else back home
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

I never go to bars either and mostly keep to myself. However I have come across people over the last x amount of years.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 pm It’s not meant to be personal but as they are all too familiar to everyone and as we are all expats you might fall into a category. It’s not insulting, just an observation. I have already included myself as one of these dickheads.

The true dickhead Is the guy that doesn’t realise he is a dickhead and this makes him a cunt. The dickhead that is fully aware of his dickheadness becomes a likeable dickhead.

A bit of self knowledge goes a long way.
As much as I know nothing about SJC, he does hit a nail squarely on the head. I've read most of his descriptions, nodded sagely and thought to myself the exact name of the person he describes. (Including me.) But @SternAAlbifrons made a fairly valid point. To look upon others in a derisory manner, might say more about us than them. Which is why I have decided that all CEO members are upstanding, awesome and all-round magnificent people. Everyone else? Well... :stir:
Rockers
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Rockers »

hah hah some funny observations! I think I am the Airblade Renegade guy! Cool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic