Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From the New York Times article:

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — The Latest on exiled Cambodian opposition leader Sam Rainsy's effort to return to his home country (all times local):

6:55 p.m.

Cambodia's government claims to have reversed its ban on allowing the return of exiled opposition leader Sam Rainsy, with a top officials saying after he arrived back in Southeast Asia that he can return as an ordinary person but will have to face due justice. Sam Rainsy has several convictions with prison sentences along with charges on several offense pending.

Sar Kheng, interior minister and deputy prime minister, announced the shift on his Facebook page on Saturday. It came shortly after Sam Rainsy arrived by air in the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, with virtually no chance of meeting his self-imposed deadline of returning to Cambodia by Saturday.

Sar Kheng, calling Sam Rainsy a culprit and a convict, said "As of now, there is not any announcement by the Cambodian government to bar culprit Sam Rainsy and his colleagues from entering the country."
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Smart move of the Cambodian government. Now that Rainman is in Kuala Lumpur 'proving' that he is 'determined' to get to Cambodia after he was earlier 'banned' from boarding a flight to Bangkok, Cambodia even invites him back. I guess they're betting on the coward Rainsy to find a reason not to go to Cambodia, politically eliminating the clown once and for all.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Close enough ?
Earlier on Saturday, party vice president Mu Sochua cast doubt on whether Rainsy would be able to enter Cambodia.

“We want to be in Cambodia,” Sochua said, but “all routes to Cambodia for us are closed.”

Instead, Rainsy was “moving as close as possible” to the country, even though “physically we cannot cross the border,” she said.
https://vodenglish.news/rainsy-lands-in ... dia-today/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

frizzie77 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:03 pm Smart move of the Cambodian government. Now that Rainman is in Kuala Lumpur 'proving' that he is 'determined' to get to Cambodia after he was earlier 'banned' from boarding a flight to Bangkok, Cambodia even invites him back. I guess they're betting on the coward Rainsy to find a reason not to go to Cambodia, politically eliminating the clown once and for all.
My guess: it wont be long and he will be in Cambodia.

At the risk of repeating myself: There is more to this than we are being told. Expect some surprises.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

hmm, maybe not

monstra mihi bona!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Complete bollocks - Mish's birthday party at the peace palace went well. No one from CEO turned up but never mind.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

explorer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm
frizzie77 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:03 pm Smart move of the Cambodian government. Now that Rainman is in Kuala Lumpur 'proving' that he is 'determined' to get to Cambodia after he was earlier 'banned' from boarding a flight to Bangkok, Cambodia even invites him back. I guess they're betting on the coward Rainsy to find a reason not to go to Cambodia, politically eliminating the clown once and for all.

At the risk of repeating myself: There is more to this than we are being told. Expect some surprises.
Well, he is certainly expected. :popcorn:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:10 pm
explorer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Well, he is certainly expected. :popcorn:
Didnt' see you at the Peace Palace bro... I invited you!!! Another keyboard warrior huh!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mishmash wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:12 pm
Didnt' see you at the Peace Palace bro... I invited you!!! Another keyboard warrior huh!
Lol, I would've made it, but they wouldn't let me into the country, bro. :wink:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Actually no one from CEO turned up. My son has more balls than you.

Never mind...

Now I can sort the talkers from the doers!!!

Here before the entry!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic