Beachfront Land for Rent in Koh Rong at Palm Beach $2/ m2 per month

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beachfront Land for Rent in Koh Rong at Palm Beach $2/ m2 per month

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 am
basta.binici wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am
Duncan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 am My calculator says 28,602 m x $2 m is $572,040 . ,,,, But my calculator is old,, and I am old, maybe my calculator and my brain are not working properly.

Who in their right mind is going to spend $686,448 a year on rent, for land that has no water, electricity and no sewerage. then spend $$$$$ on buildings only to have flashpackers stay in thatched huts paying $5 a night and spending money on cheep beer and pot noodles.

OP is targeting his advertising on this forum hoping a English school teacher will look at this as a good investment for them.

Good luck.
I have $4 per sqm land plots with sea-view on Koh Rong as well. $1 or $2 per sqm rent for beachfront land is good price. It may not be as cheap as mozambik's colony of no-one visiting island land on the mountain because 250 Million tourist expected to go out of China in 2023 and most of the preparation in Cambodia is for it.
People are interested. For developer of 2.8 hectares, this rent is not a big deal.
Just came across a 300m / 73,600 m2 undeveloped beachfront land for 9.000.000 THB, about 300.000 USD, in Thailand. Buy. Not rent.

Close to airport, on a concrete road, connection to electricity..... Made me wonder.
Exactly...

and the thought of 230,000,000 Chinese visitors sounds like a great reason to leave...

I'm still waiting for the asking price for the sale of the beachfront...
When the island has been developed, I am sure 2$ per sqm is a bargain. For instance on Phuket, Koh Samui or even Koh Phangan it would be an absolute bargain, but those islands heave a steady stream of tourists, reliable supply chains, etc etc. Koh Rong on the other end is an island with hardly any infrastructure, in one of the most corrupt countries in the world, close to one of the largest open sewers of South East Asia, only known by backpackers willing to spend 0.50 USD on a can of beer.

Anyway, major kudos if able to rent that plot out for 600k USD per year. If I could, I would.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic