The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

‘The old man who lives like a teenager’ - this old twat snaps the ring pull on his first beer at breakfast and smokes weed all day, everyday. By the evening he is in a right state and he gets into a blazing row with his missus, who is many many years younger than his own (estranged) children back home, about some utter bullocks like which TV channel to watch or whose turn it is on Karaoke. He’s also a 40 a day smoker. Fuck knows how he is still alive but when he does keel over his missus can finally get some peace and quiet from the old twat. She can’t wait.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too)

Post by explorer »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm ‘The I’ve been here longer than you twat’ - anything or anywhere you mention in country and he has done it or been there before you or anyone else.
The heading says SE Asia. Do you think this is about the forum members on CEO?
Last edited by explorer on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

‘The girlfriend experience’ - this bellend is to be found in a bar actually wooing the hooker he is talking too with witty repartee and irresistible charm. When he finally leaves the bar with said hooker in tow he might catch your eye and give off a smug expression saying “check it out - I’ve only gone and pulled lads”
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:32 pm ‘The girlfriend experience’ - this bellend is to be found in a bar actually wooing the hooker he is talking too with witty repartee and irresistible charm. When he finally leaves the bar with said hooker in tow he might catch your eye and give off a smug expression saying “check it out - I’ve only gone and pulled lads”
I prefer to just storm in and present them with a price, and a checklist of acts to be performed
and then tell them 'take it or leave it, you filthy whore'
sounds like we're on the same page

monstra mihi bona!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The People You Most Want To Avoid In SE Asia (and sometimes everywhere else too) - a French guy drinking 50c beers on St 172, who chased my friend down the street this afternoon to tell him that he's an arsehole for not giving him money, after a totally false story about stolen passport and closed French Embassy - please give me money because you look (and speak) French. WTF.
Piss off :fool:
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

A few years ago I met one of the Cambodians deported from the US. He had the idea if he asks for money, I am expected to give it. Of course I didn't give him any money.

He had had a good job, but the employer got rid of him because of his attitude.
Last edited by explorer on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

The Airblade Renegade - this fat old cockspanner bombs about town on a brand new Airblade with his spam head rammed into a tiny helmet. Even though he considers himself to have the driving skills of Senna he suffers from constant road rage as he expects locals to have an awareness of the Highway Code he learned back home 60 fucking years ago so he is often found screaming at bemused locals while waiting at red lights much to the embarrassment of his much younger missus clinging to his girth on the back. This twat might also been the teenage old man and the looking for land guy and the cheaper than you guy and the been there done that before you guy and the currency twat and the only falang in the village. He’s an absolute twat and a truly horrible human being.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

I try to avoid myself at all costs but that damn bathroom mirror ambushes me at every turn.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:03 pm The Airblade Renegade - this fat old cockspanner bombs about town on a brand new Airblade with his spam head rammed into a tiny helmet. Even though he considers himself to have the driving skills of Senna he suffers from constant road rage as he expects locals to have an awareness of the Highway Code he learned back home 60 fucking years ago so he is often found screaming at bemused locals while waiting at red lights much to the embarrassment of his much younger missus clinging to his girth on the back. This twat might also been the teenage old man and the looking for land guy and the cheaper than you guy and the been there done that before you guy and the currency twat and the only falang in the village. He’s an absolute twat and a truly horrible human being.

monstra mihi bona!
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

The newbie vortex - this total bellend has been in country for 20 years minimum but all his white mates have been here less than a year. This is because he thrives off being the fountain of local knowledge (which he genuinely is) but once that local knowledge has been acquired people quickly work out this old guy is a small minded, insecure, tyrant who had never had a meaningful friendship with anyone in his life. He will end up being someone to avoid but don’t worry- eventually he won’t give you the time of day as he will spot you in some coffee shop the he introduced you too but you went there without inviting him; a faux pas for which he will never forget and will still be known to grumble about it a decade later. This arsehole might also be the looking for land teenage old man Airblade Renegade prick.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic