Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Sam Rainsy blocked boarding plane in Paris

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Doubters. It's just a cunning diversion from all the rainbow coloured insurgents planning to pour across the land borders.
(I wanted to join them but i'm not gay)

OR maybe, just the usual disingenuous stunt with no substance. Classic Rainman.
No airline in the world is going to let him board a plane to Cambodia, or any ASEAN country, simply on the basis that he will be refused entry. He knows that perfectly well.

(Pssst, so do the press and so does you-know-who. They are all playing along with the charade because it suits their own agendas)

Clemen hit the spot exactly
Clemen wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:32 pm "Whatcha doin hun?"
" going to the airport"
"you leaving?"
"Hell no, gots to make this thing look legit, see you for dinner"
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Thailand and Malaysia have been saying for days they won't let Rain Man get a connecting flight.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Unlucky with Thai airways, but i'm confident he will get his golden ticket with some other company.
Hopefully no further incidents.

Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

I am usually just as sceptical of Rainman as everyone else is, but after reading this article I am not sure that he is putting on a PR show. Maybe he just up to his usual hijinks, but after reading this article I am not sure. Best to be informed and ready for anything. So here's what Aljazeera reported.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019 ... 59093.html
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Sam Rainsy is a fraud and has always been a fraud.

He knew from the get go that the Thai government wouldn't let him fly into bkk. Why choose Thai Airways then? Emirates goes to PP with a stop in either bkk or Yangon. There are direct flights between Paris and Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines. There are countless airlines going from Europe to Asia.
I've met people without plane tickets going from South Sudan to Germany in no time. What's your excuse, Rainsy?

HE and Rainsy... That's like that one South Park episode with the turd sandwich and the giant douche...
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Is preventing fairy Sam from entering the country going to impact the withdrawal of the EBA and/or GSP? Would it be considered as undemocratic/ violation of basic human rights? Do the EU and USA even care about this fuckery?
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

The BBC has a video of Rainsy leaving his house in Paris and at the airport. If anything, the video confirms how fake and staged the whole thing is. Rainsy acting as a clown, again...

Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Queef wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm Is preventing fairy Sam from entering the country going to impact the withdrawal of the EBA and/or GSP? Would it be considered as undemocratic/ violation of basic human rights? Do the EU and USA even care about this fuckery?
That's what the Beebs take on it was
"Mr Ou said the actual goal might be to provoke the Cambodian government "to react in a way that will prevent any compromise between Cambodia and the European Union".
up to you...
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Clemen wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:01 pm
Queef wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm Is preventing fairy Sam from entering the country going to impact the withdrawal of the EBA and/or GSP? Would it be considered as undemocratic/ violation of basic human rights? Do the EU and USA even care about this fuckery?
"Mr Ou said the actual goal might be to provoke the Cambodian government "to react in a way that will prevent any compromise between Cambodia and the European Union".
Well, I'm no political scientist/ business analyst, but that nonsense will only result in Cambodia losing to countries like Bangladesh. I'm in no way condoning the exploitation of human beings, but last time I checked, it was cheaper (and the quality of the goods produced was far better) to set up garment factories in Bangladesh.

Rwanda has a Volkswagen plant now. Rwanda also manufactures its own smartphones and has banned plastic bags. Ethiopia is developing quite rapidly and human capital is on the rise. Why can't that happen here?
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

Queef wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Clemen wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:01 pm
Well, I'm no political scientist/ business analyst, but that nonsense will only result in Cambodia losing to countries like Bangladesh. I'm in no way condoning the exploitation of human beings, but last time I checked, it was cheaper (and the quality of the goods produced was far better) to set up garment factories in Bangladesh.

Rwanda has a Volkswagen plant now. Rwanda also manufactures its own smartphones and has banned plastic bags. Ethiopia is developing quite rapidly and human capital is on the rise. Why can't that happen here?
"Why can't that happen here?"

That's a rhetorical question, right?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic