Burma anyone

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Burma anyone

Post by Soi Dog »

I hope you guys take lots of photos and post them here.
Stoney
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Stoney »

Well the information online regarding restricted areas is a little ambiguous. It's clear that the the North and North Eastern border areas are pretty volatile (mostly due to internal conflict) and advice from various organisations / agencies appears contradictory. It would seem that Richard's route cannot be completed by road entirley, however, I would opine that this situation may change over time. There are train and/or boat services but it might not be possible to take a bike onto these forms of transport. I am certainly going to look into doing it sometime in late Nov or Dec and will update as apposite.
Who ate all the pies.......?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as i told ya, rules and where u can go changes daily, ( if there is fighting) . how did you travel when u went in August?

we went to Namsham easily an 2 days before we went some guys were turned back

we got into Mogok thru the back way which is 100% closed area for bikes, but we had trouble finding anywhere that would allow us to stay the night as we did not have advance permission and we were stopped when we left the area how we got there.

here is a map 2012

red was no go, green is good, yellow need Burma license

I have asked my contact if its possible
If it cant be done by bike it can be done by boats.trains,bus's

IF you go let me know where an who u got ur bike from, if its not Zach

Once you plan on getting off the main route of Yangoon-Mandalay-Bagan Inle you will find that you wont know if u can until u decide to go.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic