Addicted to fine dining!

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Addicted to fine dining!

Post by HappyChappy »

Guys n gals! Searching for some assistance in enabling my addiction......

Eating well is my main goal in life, but living in Cambodia on a budget means I'm going to have to be frivolous.

Where do you all go for a tasty meal at low low prices??
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Addicted to fine dining!

Post by Ghostwriter »

If your main goal is to eat as good as possible, then i have no fucking idea why you are in Cambodia.

You are already busy looking for an easy and well paid job in a hotel lobby, which doesn't really exist.

What your next delusion is about ? 3 titted hookers with experience but still virgin ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:57 pm Where do you all go for a tasty meal at low low prices??
It's not really possible, if you want low low prices you'll have to settle for stuff that's just about edible. Bits of it might be tasty. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I don't think the adage "you get what you pay for" could be better symbolized by the buying of food in Cambodia.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

There is cheap fine dining. Just don’t order the Alaska seafood and it’s as cheap as it gets considering it’s all import.

Khéma Pasteur does a good value ($12 ex VAT & SC iirc) all you can eat breakfast and lunch.

Open Wine also does a 3 course lunch but I forget the price.

You can go to Iza next to Rosewood and order their $9 ramen and drink water but your minimum 330 ml bottle of Perrier will cost you at least half of that so don’t go there if you are thirsty.

Naga buffet across Naba theatre, $15.

Khéma de la Poste wine and cheese special.

etc
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Eating well is my main goal in life, but living in Cambodia on a budget means I'm going to have to be frivolous

Son, didn't you say you were teaching English here? Parsimonious maybe is what you meant? Your use of frivolous contradicts your whole sentence.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

fax wrote:There is cheap fine dining. Just don’t order the Alaska seafood and it’s as cheap as it gets considering it’s all import.

Khéma Pasteur does a good value ($12 ex VAT & SC iirc) all you can eat breakfast and lunch.

Open Wine also does a 3 course lunch but I forget the price.

You can go to Iza next to Rosewood and order their $9 ramen and drink water but your minimum 330 ml bottle of Perrier will cost you at least half of that so don’t go there if you are thirsty.

Naga buffet across Naba theatre, $15.

Khéma de la Poste wine and cheese special.

etc
I wouldn’t say Khéma is Fine Dinning, but there’s some very great options and the atmosphere is very elegant.
A few dishes I had with my free flow lunch this week. Unlimited servings for $14 NET, coffee included.

ImageImageImage

Khéma menu:

https://www.khema-restaurant.com/pdfmenu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Singsling
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Singsling »

My little finger tells me that Nicholas knows what he's talking about :D
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Singsling wrote:My little finger tells me that Nicholas knows what he's talking about :D
Your little finger is right :-)
I also enjoy Open Wine and of course Deli Bistrot which has an extremely talented chef owner. Can’t go wrong with these two places on a budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Singsling
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Singsling »

I tried Deli last month, good food indeed but price wise khema is way better for lunch if you're hungry
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic