Meth head with handguns living next door

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Meth head with handguns living next door

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I live in a small village a dozen or so kilometres from the provincial capital. I get along well with my neighbours and never have had any problems greater than their chickens shitting on my patio, their dogs messing with my garbage barrel and an auntie who helps herself to my papayas. About 6 months ago the people directly behind me had their long lost son and his wife return home. A couple of times after he moved in the army showed up at their house with full flak jackets and automatic weapons but he wasn t there and hey soon lost interest. Word got around town that he had deserted and had stolen a number of handguns on the way out the door.

I mind my own business, for the most part, avoid the police, once my wife was defrauded of 20k and she went to the police, they came to the house to take photos apparently to determine if we had enough to make it worth their while to investigate, we let sleeping dogs lie as the defrauder now had 20k to pay to make it go away and I wasn't going to feed the crocodiles, so to speak.

So now pussnuts behind us hits the white whiskey daily and I understand the visitors he has are yaba dealers. He slaps his wife around and in the last month or so it has escalated. The neighbours complain about theft from their yards at night, I have a locked storage building and a safe built into the foundation of the house, I don t give anyone the opportunity to steal from me in my opinion.

Yesterday afternoon, the young man road his scooter past one of my neighbours and their dog barked at him. He returned with a handgun and pointed it at the dog. Dumb as f@ck as I am not sure the dog knows what a handgun is but the witnesses surely did. I take it the intimidation wasn t meant for the dog but the owner.

My Thai isn t at a level I could explain the situation to the police and my wife would prefer to not get involved. I would prefer to drop a dime and make the young thug disappear, however, once the word farang is attached to anything out here in the boonies there is only me and retribution can be a bitch. I doubt any of us would be pleased with a meth head disturbing their tranquillity but one with handguns just ratchets up the volume.

Any opinions on how to proceed and thanks for the advice regardless if I were to take them.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Meth head with handguns living next door

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Not a very nice situation you have there, AW. Trying to deal directly with meth heads who have guns is fraught with danger as I see it, and I'd be inclined to try and garner the support of the entire community and the village head, if you have one. At the least if there are others affected by his behavior you might be able to come together as a small group and get some action taken, perhaps.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm I get along well with my neighbours and never have had any problems greater than their chickens shitting on my patio, their dogs messing with my garbage barrel and an auntie who helps herself to my papayas.

I mind my own business, for the most part, avoid the police, once my wife was defrauded of 20k and she went to the police, they came to the house to take photos apparently to determine if we had enough to make it worth their while to investigate, we let sleeping dogs lie as the defrauder now had 20k to pay to make it go away and I wasn't going to feed the crocodiles, so to speak.

The neighbours complain about theft from their yards at night, I have a locked storage building and a safe built into the foundation of the house, I don t give anyone the opportunity to steal from me in my opinion.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

one thing i have learned is the police are not as dumb as many farangs think they are. I'd bet $ to donuts the cops know he is there and what he does. Nothing in a village gets past them.

Keep ur head down is all you can do and if not yet, make sure your friends with the poo yai baan.

I built my house at the foot of the mountain here in the back of Kamala, no other houses near me but still only 5 minutes to the beach. No bars on windows, seldom locked the doors & windows. The previous owner was a real local, i mean he had been born in Kamala 50 years before and when i brought the land it was on a dirt road 1 kms to the paved road and we went to the poo ya baans house to sign all the documents and after the house was built he would come by for coffee sometimes.
One time my grass cutter went missing, Rubber cutters would go thru my yard to reach the plantation above me
I had it back the next day after i told the poo yai baan. He explained that someone who didn't know i was his friend had taken it, but they had been dealt with

Friends are king in the village
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:25 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm I get along well with my neighbours and never have had any problems greater than their chickens shitting on my patio, their dogs messing with my garbage barrel and an auntie who helps herself to my papayas.

The neighbours complain about theft from their yards at night, I have a locked storage building and a safe built into the foundation of the house, I don t give anyone the opportunity to steal from me in my opinion.

The main difference between fraud and theft is that theft involves unlawfully taking something. In contrast, fraud involves using deceit, lies or other types of dishonesty to con or trick a person or an organization into giving you a benefit that is not lawfully yours.

My lawnmower, washing machine, water pump, grass cutter, tools, bar bq are all locked in a storage building. My flowers, grass, trees bearing fruit are left out in the open. Like the air I breath, I share these with others, even if I believe they may not be deserving of them. Take a deep breath and thank me mate.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

I spoke with the village head at the beginning of August. This morning at 6 am 2 pickups with 10 or so police showed up next door. So far they have a bit of yaba, a meth head in handcuffs and are tearing the house and out buildings apart looking for the guns. We live in a village next to a forest and the property next door is about 5 rai of the jungle. Meth head doesn t look too happy but the police have a lot of ground to cover. I am hoping the army will want him back to finish his time with them when the courts are finished with him. Thank you for the advice, things moved slowly but it got done.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic