3 inmates, one of them American, shoot policeman and flee

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 3 inmates, one of them American, shoot policeman and flee

Post by Doc67 »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:50 pm Multiple Thai media sources have confirmed that Noi Ton Ninthet, a 41 year old escaped prisoner from the Pattaya Provincial Court who escaped with Bart Allen Helmus 39 years old and his Thai wife has been caught. During the escape a guard was stabbed and firearms were shot.

Ton surrendered in a dense forest near the Cambodia border in Sa Kaeo after being hunted by hundreds of police.

Bart Allen Helmus remains on the run.

I'm amazed they allowed him to surrender. That's gonna be a rough journey back to Pattaya!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

from stickyboy on fb;

JUST IN: Thai media reporting Bart Allen Helmus, the American fugitive who escaped wife his wife and a Thai man from Pattaya court yesterday has died shortly after being captured.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Told ya. They do NOT fuck around in Thailand once a certain line has been crossed.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:56 pm from stickyboy on fb;

JUST IN: Thai media reporting Bart Allen Helmus, the American fugitive who escaped wife his wife and a Thai man from Pattaya court yesterday has died shortly after being captured.

Died shortly after being captured? Hmmm... did the police just save the Pattaya Prosecutor a whole lot of work?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

American shoots himself, wife as Pattaya fugitives recaptured
PUBLISHED : 6 NOV 2019 AT 16:57 Bangkok Post

An American prison escapee allegedly shot and wounded himself and his wife as police moved in and arrested them and the third Pattaya Court fugitive in Sa Kaeo province on Wednesday.

The fugitive trio's capture culminated a massive police manhunt launched after they escaped in chains from Pattaya Court on Monday afternoon, leaving a critically wounded police officer in their wake.

Satawat Hirunburana, the assistant to the national police chief, said one of the escapees, Noi Nilthes, had contacted police through his relatives and said he wanted to surrender, according to Jor Sor 100 radio.

He came out of hiding and gave himself up at a sugarcane plantation near the junction of Watthana Nakhon and Khao Chakhan districts in Sa Kaeo province.

Police later surrounded an area about one kilometre from where Mr Noi surrendered, intending to arrest the other two escapees, US national Bart Allen Helmus and his Thai wife Sirinapa Wisetrit.

Pol Lt Gen Satawat said Mr Helmus was under stress because of the hot weather and the three-month pregnancy of his wife. As police moved in, Mr Helmus used a pistol to shoot his wife and himself, he said.

Pol Lt Gen Satawat said police did not fire any shots at the couple during the operation to arrest them.

Mrs Sirinapa was reported wounded. Mr Helmus was said to be in a critical condition in the ICU of Khaochakhan Hospital.

The three escapees, who were facing trial on drug trafficking charges when they made their getaway, will be interrogated in Sa Kaeo before being taken back to Pattaya.

They fled the court in chains on Monday, severely wounding Pol Capt Thanamet Photipan as they dashed to short-lived freedom. An investigation is underway into how they obtained a handgun and knife used in the escape.

I can understand being stressed if his wife was 3 months pregnant, she was arrested 3 months and 3 weeks ago.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

I stand corrected. I am surprised he is still alive. Genuinely.
===============
--Brother Theodore
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:38 pm I stand corrected. I am surprised he is still alive. Genuinely.
He's now dead.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:58 pm Told ya. They do NOT fuck around in Thailand once a certain line has been crossed.
i wonder if he knew anything like who he got the drugs from? would not surprise me if its a hi so MP
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

angsta wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:39 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:38 pm I stand corrected. I am surprised he is still alive. Genuinely.
He's now dead.
I weep for the baby that was when it first opened it's eyes and saw the world, eyes full of potential...but the fucktard who shot and stabbed cops, ya, not so much.
===============
--Brother Theodore
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

angsta wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:39 pm
He's now dead.
Damn that was a bit of an anticlimax, too predictable!
If someone wanted to make a good movie out of this they would now have to go for the outsiders that enabled this to happen, lets start with a sequence that let a lone man guard the cells :director:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic