Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, PHNOM PENH: A karaoke girl, who has been forced to work as a sex worker in a karaoke bar in Por Senchey district, opposite Phnom Penh International Airport, filed a complaint with police on 4 November 2019.

Tearfully, the woman explained that her Chinese boss at the karaoke, named Jin Jin, forced her to sleep with his guests for money. But she was paid very little, and on 4 November, there was an incident where she refused some Chinese customers who repeatedly slapped and hit her. And then her Chinese boss threw her out on to the street.
Desperate, the woman decided to complain to the relevant authorities at Chom Chau police station, so that action would be taken against her boss, and that other women would not be tricked into working for him. However, it is not known if the charges against the man will be followed up by the police or not.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Woman Reports Nightmare Job Working for Chinese Karaoke Boss

Post by Ghostwriter »

:please:
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

If there isn't any follow up by cops, front of airport, close to immigration, Chineses involved, then i guess there isn't any hope for the other pending cases.

Move your asses, cops.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Proximity to the cops is irrelevant. The local cops may have been treated to tea or this Jin Jin or his boss may be politically protected.

If she wants justice, she should post on Facebook. Maybe one of the Khmer bloggers will carry her story and get public sympathy and the ear of Iron Man. Then the cops will be forced to act.

Just another reason to stay as the eternal tourist to the KOW.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

That's if you actually believe the lady being 'forced'.

Another angle is she is a hooker who got paid less money than she wanted and decided to exact revenge.

Otherwise why mention she only got paid a little... and kept working there!!

Using the "Tearful Pussy Pass" Routine

Only for debate you understand. It could be she is truthful and Jin Jin will be prosecuted. More facts needed.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm That's if you actually believe the lady being 'forced'.

Another angle is she is a hooker who got paid less money than she wanted and decided to exact revenge.

Only for debate you understand. It could be she is truthful and Jin Jin will be prosecuted. More facts needed.
It could also be that she is truthful and that JinJin will not be prosecuted.
Let's not forget that she says that she was beaten up by "customers", perhaps hit by several Chinese guys according to the report, and then her boss threw her out on the street. I don't care if she was prostituting herself; nobody deserves to be treated like that.
It is not an easy decision for sex workers to complain to police. They know that they don't count for much, even when they are beaten or raped. I'm not against prostitution between consenting adults, but don't let's kid ourselves that all prostitution is freely consented.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well if she's truthfull and nothing is done, then it's really a low, lower than i expected.
Not that i had high expectancies about Khmer cops in general, but that would lower it more anyway.

I guess catching the American dealer from Bangkok would be more rewardfull for sure...will they even move their asses for this one ? I'm not even sure
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm That's if you actually believe the lady being 'forced'.

It could also be that she is truthful and that JinJin will not be prosecuted.
Let's not forget that she says that she was beaten up by "customers", perhaps hit by several Chinese guys according to the report, and then her boss threw her out on the street. I don't care if she was prostituting herself; nobody deserves to be treated like that.
It is not an easy decision for sex workers to complain to police. They know that they don't count for much, even when they are beaten or raped. I'm not against prostitution between consenting adults, but don't let's kid ourselves that all prostitution is freely consented.
Yep - the third angle is on the books.

If she was assaulted as she alleges - I'm on her side 100%

Let me show an example. I was out and went to a GH with a lady. I called off the session as I became a little dubious inside the room. She then proceeded to block me from leaving and became violent even though I had paid her the time.

I managed to leave, but in the street I was accosted by her and her B/F pimp or whatever who she told I had hit her (completely untrue) and they started the shake-down.

Situations like this can completely escalate so I handed over 10 bucks and went on my way.

Other instances involve a guy I knew who was suddenly accused of rape by his ex. He was almost killed in the street when word went around and left town. In the end the woman served time for false allegations.

This explains my reasons for not entirely believing this story without credible witnesses among her colleagues
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 am
Tearfully, the woman explained that her Chinese boss at the karaoke, named Jin Jin, forced her to sleep with his guests for money. But she was paid very little, and on 4 November, there was an incident where she refused some Chinese customers who repeatedly slapped and hit her. And then her Chinese boss threw her out on to the street.
Is Jin Jin a common Chinese name? post370699.html#p370699
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 am Image
Cambodia News, PHNOM PENH: A karaoke girl, who has been forced to work as a sex worker in a karaoke bar in Por Senchey district, opposite Phnom Penh International Airport, filed a complaint with police on 4 November 2019.

Desperate, the woman decided to complain to the relevant authorities at Chom Chau police station, so that action would be taken against her boss, and that other women would not be tricked into working for him. However, it is not known if the charges against the man will be followed up by the police or not.
Chinese cannot help themselves they are a law unto themselves
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic