Cheating assumed?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cheating assumed?

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Brody wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:51 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 am I can guarantee that for every Khmer bargirl surveyed by PsychologyToday they also surveyed a Pizza Company hostess.
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 am yes, I see the attraction
Welcome back Anthony's Weiner.

I noticed a lack of snarky, disdainful, truculence on the forum during your all to brief absence........it's great to have it back. :thumb:
it is all too brief my friend, thank you for the welcome that is neither snarky, disdainful or truculent. Nothing warms the heart more than a loving welcome from a venerated and respected poster that I hold in such high esteem. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Maybe she wants an open relationship and testing the waters to see how you react...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:11 am
Apparently there is no shortage of Khmer women willing to be second or third wife and no shortage of Khmer men willing to be second or third husband.

Fascinating discussion so far.
Not sure why anyone would want more than one, one is hard enough to keep happy. I'd Imagine similar to buying a bar, a fast way to lose a small fortune :beer3:
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 am I can guarantee that for every Khmer bargirl surveyed by PsychologyToday they also surveyed a Pizza Company hostess.

I noticed a lack of snarky, disdainful, truculence on the forum during your all to brief absence........it's great to have it back. :thumb:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

You all must have excellent Khmer language skills to have such deep and detailed conversations with so many women sharing some very intimate views on such a normally taboo subject as infidelity.

I don't know many Khmers that could hold such a conversation in English and I doubt I know any that would be prepared to even get into the subject.

AW's first list of why women have affairs is a treatise on why it is a perfectly valid choice not too get emotionally involved with any women here beyond the temporary nights of fun and maybe a weekend away.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 am

Yep, let's stay on topic please
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

Kammekor wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am Not sure If any of the married expats have encountered this phenomenon in the KOW.

Missus keeps getting told that any husband that isn’t living with their wife everyday should be encouraged to have a couple of other wives when away. And that she should have a couple of husbands (usually Khmer men that are married with a couple of kids) as well when I’m away.

Our relationship is viewed as strange by the Khmer. Strange that this isn’t going to happen. Or as missus says, it’s beyond love.

Is this just all smoke?
Isn't she just running some tests on you? Or playing some mental games? First there was the 'pregnancy thing', now this....
I think he got to the point! What do you think NKOTB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

NKOTB, you’re the zelf proclaimed ‘eternal tourist’ in the KoW, But you’ve also chosen to marry a Cambodian girl quite a few years younger than you, And most of the time your relationship with her (And hers with you) is a long distance one. Correct?

If correct, start connecting the dots And stop asking the questions questions here, but look your wife straight into the eyes And ask her. My 2 cents.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

This is not just a bar girl thing. Many Khmer have to work away from home, husband maybe in thailand, wife in a clothes factory in PP.
Wealthyy Khmer men tend to have mistresses, just read the papers. usually it is done quote discreetly but women are expected to be much more discrete so as not to embarrass the husband publicly. If you look around in Phnom Penh you will see love hotels with each room having a parking bay below with curtains so noone can see the reg plates and you pay by the hour.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:14 am You all must have excellent Khmer language skills to have such deep and detailed conversations with so many women sharing some very intimate views on such a normally taboo subject as infidelity.
When Cambodian girls have multiple boyfriends, they often talk about it openly. It is often common knowledge to her friends, and they all keep it a secret from the boyfriends. As a foreigner, I have had some Cambodian girls talk to me about such things. If they think of you as a friend, they will often tell you.

It is common for those type of girls to say, they want a foreign boyfriend so they can get money from him. They don't want him for love. They want him so they can get money from him.

I asked one girl, what if he really loves you? She said, she wants to get money from him, because it probably wont turn out to be a long term relationship. If it turns out to be a long term relationship, that would be good, but if it doesn't she has got money from him.

Another girl had a boyfriend in Europe. She said, he is coming back in 6 months, and will bring her an ATM card, so it is easy to send her money. After telling me that, she said she wanted to find another boyfriend, so she could get more money.

Another one said she wanted a foreign husband, so she could get money from him. When she had his money, she would go back to her Cambodian husband.

Another girl had a boyfriend in the UK who would send her money, and she was living with another Western boyfriend in Cambodia. She initially kept it a secret. The boyfriend in the UK wanted her to go to the UK, and sent her money to get a passport. She didn't know about Western Union, so I took her to show her where it was. Eventually it got to the point where she told me, she could not go to the UK, because she had another boyfriend here.

Another girl lived with a Western boyfriend. It was common knowledge to all of her friends in town. But her family which lived in another town, must never know. She had a younger sister who finished high school, and wanted to go to university. I suggested bringing her here, and assisting her financially. She couldn't do it, because her sister would tell her mother about her boyfriend.

You don't really need books like private dancer, although it is an interesting story. Just learn the language, and make friends with the girls. They will tell you.

Some of these girls are prostitutes, or girls who actively seek Western boyfriends, for the purpose of getting money, and learn to tell them whatever lies they need to, to get the money.

Some don't set out to do anything bad. The boyfriend goes back to his country, another one comes along, and they just go along with it. For example, the one who had a boyfriend in the UK, and she was living with another one in Cambodia, probably didn't start out wanting to do anything wrong. She was a nice girl. Probably, the first one met her, and started dating her. After he went back to the UK, the second one met her and started dating her. She just didn't tell either of them about the other. She also didn't tell the one in the UK to stop sending her money. She probably didn't set out to create the situation, the boyfriends just came along and she went along with it.

That is a risk you take if you have a Cambodian girlfriend or wife. If you go away for some time, someone else may come along and be friendly with her. She may just go along with it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic