No fee Mastercard ATM in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: No fee Mastercard ATM in Cambodia?

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:54 am dont know about ur US bank but my US citibank account, i can wire to whomever, whatever bank i wish

My credit card has a secure “ email “ type option to chat with them from here , but
My bank debit card only has a toll free number ( but not toll free for me here with metfone )
I’m usually waiting in a 800 ( free) phone que for ages - but paying anyway !
And the card is about to expire again . / how do you make a toll free call from here with a mobile phone ?
Guess i will try asking ABA again . Although the bumpkins here in k. thom are not so astute

Well worth looking into , not that i need to save money 💵 , but just to keep the banks hands off it .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:09 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:54 am dont know about ur US bank but my US citibank account, i can wire to whomever, whatever bank i wish

My credit card has a secure “ email “ type option to chat with them from here , but
My bank debit card only has a toll free number ( but not toll free for me here with metfone )
I’m usually waiting in a 800 ( free) phone que for ages - but paying anyway !
And the card is about to expire again . / how do you make a toll free call from here with a mobile phone ?
Guess i will try asking ABA again . Although the bumpkins here in k. thom are not so astute

Well worth looking into , not that i need to save money 💵 , but just to keep the banks hands off it .
suggestion;'
for toll free numbers use skype; been doing that for ages and never charged
Look on the back of ur card, there usually is a number to call from overseas.

If you have online banking for your US account, ( if not you should have it)
you can see how to send wires internationally

Saving money is not the same as wasting money :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

ImageI do have online banking , but I cannot ask questions on the reg bank acct , with the credit card I can do .
- thought skype was a video call ? Even a toll free or collect number as listed , costs by the minute from here .
No toll free or collect calls from a mobile phone

I haven’t Ever used Skype , but good idea i guess could try that .
Thanx for the idea /. Then probly get a power outage and the wifi will cut out!
The last time it expired I waited to get thru , told them the situation and might get cut off so had them call me back .
That worked then but all this is on my mind now . Even thinking of a recurring payment like to my credit card sent as a deposit to my bank here if I could talk and get something like that set up . Or like you do , a lump sent as needed .
But then I would probly kick the bucket , that’s life
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 am I suspect the fee may be buried in the exchange rate
Yes, I used the XE mid market rate, but couldn't tell from the dollar value whether the amount being converted was $500 OR $506.

So I took one for the team today and withdrew $50, which attracted a $4 fee. Receipt stated $54, while the Citibank app stated the withdrawn amount was $50, but it's quite clear from the exchange rate conversion that the $4 fee was passed on and it's just a quirk in Citi's system that the fee doesn't rate a mention.

AUD rate is up to $0.6877 US, makes a change.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:58 am suggestion;'
for toll free numbers use skype; been doing that for ages and never charged
Look on the back of ur card, there usually is a number to call from overseas.

If you have online banking for your US account, ( if not you should have it)
you can see how to send wires internationally

Saving money is not the same as wasting money :beer3:
I have checked with my bank and sending myslf $1000 is more expensive than the $9 ABA charge & my banks $5 charge

To send more than $1000 wouldn’t save more and must enroll a different ‘ route ‘. whatever that means .

So bank of canada gets $27 / month , my bank $15 in 🏧 ATM charge ..

it is wasteful, but no choice.
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic