bitcoincambodia.com review

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

bitcoincambodia.com review

Post by Nicolas »

I can’t find the thread asking about buying bitcoins in Cambodia, sorry if this post is not in the right forum.
Anyway after struggling for weeks to buy bitcoins and never have been able to comply with the verification process (proof of residence, etc), I tried bitcoincambodia.com and it couldn’t have been easier. Great email support and smooth process, fees are low, wallet transfer fast, I strongly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: bitcoincambodia.com review

Post by monomial »

Nicolas wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:24 pm I can’t find the thread asking about buying bitcoins in Cambodia, sorry if this post is not in the right forum.
Anyway after struggling for weeks to buy bitcoins and never have been able to comply with the verification process (proof of residence, etc), I tried bitcoincambodia.com and it couldn’t have been easier. Great email support and smooth process, fees are low, wallet transfer fast, I strongly recommend.

Fees are *LOW*? Really? The buy/sell spread is nearly 8%. A typical, honest exchange has a transaction fee of only 0.25%. I suppose if you are desperate you could consider this, but you can certainly do much better just by arranging a private sale.

To each his own I suppose, but if I want to get F*#@'ed, I think Street 136 would be a much better option.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Nicolas wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:24 pm I can’t find the thread asking about buying bitcoins in Cambodia, sorry if this post is not in the right forum.

@OP. There is a bitcoin thread on the General Chatter forum. general-chatter/bitcoin-t27989.html
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

;-) of
monomial wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Fees are *LOW*? Really? The buy/sell spread is nearly 8%. A typical, honest exchange has a transaction fee of only 0.25%. I suppose if you are desperate you could consider this, but you can certainly do much better just by arranging a private sale.

To each his own I suppose, but if I want to get F*#@'ed, I think Street 136 would be a much better option.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

monomial wrote:

The fee was 4% and for a small transaction, so relatively painless.

Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

Hasn't the Bitcoin ship sailed?
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote:Hasn't the Bitcoin ship sailed?
I’ve never been interested until i had to pay an online transaction by bitcoin. Nothing illegal, it was just a supplier who doesn’t accept PayPal anymore.

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Nicolas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:50 am
monomial wrote:

The fee was 4% and for a small transaction, so relatively painless.

There's the fee they charge you (4%) and and there's the difference between the buying price and selling price (the spread, about 8%) of which you pay half because the price you pay when you buy is inflated.

So you paid an 8% fee. For a product of which people claim no intermediary is needed anymore ('be your own bank'). It's a joke. And not a funny one.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I don’t know about the spread, so I guess that applies to every transactions and you can’t cut it out. Like converting USD <-> EUR or any currencies.
On a small amount 4% fee is quite nothing, less than a tip in a restaurant :-)
But clearly I will need to do some serious researches before investing $10k or more. I found some interesting channels on redit, are there other great discussion groups online?

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Don't you need a licence to trade bitcoin in Cambodia?

https://news.bitcoin.com/license-needed ... -cambodia/
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic