Business Registration? Having difficulty registering a business.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Caolan99
Tourist
Ireland

Business Registration? Having difficulty registering a business.

Post by Caolan99 »

Hello,

I arrived here in the north of Cambodia near Stung Treng city 3 months ago on part of an extended road trip vacation, and long long long story short, I want to stay.

So after I decided I wanted to stay I put a little bit of my savings into starting a small business, but as luck would have it, the ban on foreigner workers occurred right as I was putting the finishing touches on and I was unable to register my business. I was looking to do a small food cart, not so much for the profit, but so I could obtain a business licence and get a longer term visa (over the standard EG 6 month) but now that plan doesn't work, I'm not sure where to go.

Yes I know the ban has been temporarily lifted, but I have been unsuccessful at convincing the official at helping my submit my application since he believes the ban will be reinstated, and I tend to agree.

I don't know where to go from here. Is there another way to get a business registered so I can then apply for a business visa and all the subsequent papers?

-C
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Business Registration? Having difficulty registering a business.

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

Teach English. It’s easier and better paid than a food cart
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Caolan99 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:13 pm Hello,

I arrived here in the north of Cambodia near Stung Treng city 3 months ago on part of an extended road trip vacation, and long long long story short, I want to stay.

So after I decided I wanted to stay I put a little bit of my savings into starting a small business, but as luck would have it, the ban on foreigner workers occurred right as I was putting the finishing touches on and I was unable to register my business. I was looking to do a small food cart, not so much for the profit, but so I could obtain a business licence and get a longer term visa (over the standard EG 6 month) but now that plan doesn't work, I'm not sure where to go.

Yes I know the ban has been temporarily lifted, but I have been unsuccessful at convincing the official at helping my submit my application since he believes the ban will be reinstated, and I tend to agree.

I don't know where to go from here. Is there another way to get a business registered so I can then apply for a business visa and all the subsequent papers?

-C
check you private message...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Smoking Joe Conrad wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:25 pm Teach English. It’s easier and better paid than a food cart
ohhh - i dunno about that - the lady outside the military base here starts late - finishes early - no extra hours marking homework or making lesson plans and chills in her hammock all day - sells sugar cane juice only and creams 1500 - 2000 a month easy!!

She bought a house off the thing - no joke

I buy off her and sit on a plastic chair under a tree and eye up all her hot lady friends dropping by. Lush

Back to the point a) Get someone who owns a company to write you a letter of employment b) register your company with more than one line of work and slip in the food cart somewhere down the page. Mine has around 20 or more codes in there - just in case I want to do other things than sell power cables
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic