Expat wife not prepared for sexpat elements.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Expat wife not prepared for sexpat elements.

Post by John Bingham »

When we were teaching it was nothing to have students, young girls and young boys, offering sexual favours for better grades.
While I don't teach anymore, I have taught thousands of young people (mostly adults)
over the years here and have never seen or experienced anything like what she describes.
It's a terrible slur on the character of the locals for her to suggest that this is a common occurrence.
I'm disgusted by her allegations, if she still lives here I would like to see her removed. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:53 pm
When we were teaching it was nothing to have students, young girls and young boys, offering sexual favours for better grades.
While I don't teach anymore, I have taught thousands of young people (mostly adults)
over the years here and have never seen or experienced anything like what she describes.
It's a terrible slur on the character of the locals for her to suggest that this is a common occurrence.
I'm disgusted by her allegations, if she still lives here I would like to see her removed. 8)
I read the full article and while the author constantly generalises by referring to SE Asia, she specifically relates her experiences to Thailand only. Probably should move this topic accordingly as it doesn't apply to Cambodia.

Agree with JB, it does seem a big slur...even in the Thailand context.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

lin.chea-ronh wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:35 pm :dragonchase: I think 98 % this lady has the menopause ! It can make us females unreasonable ,bitchtitts and Frumpy _
My advise " girlie get your body into a bikini!!

This new poster is amusing lol
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I know that she is talking about Thailand and not Cambodia, but this is more than clueless, it is totally WTF.
Are they teaching sex workers in a red-light district or what ? bs
Smoking Joe Conrad
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Smoking Joe Conrad »

Never been offered a blow job for a better grade
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:28 am
lin.chea-ronh wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:35 pm :dragonchase: I think 98 % this lady has the menopause ! It can make us females unreasonable ,bitchtitts and Frumpy _
My advise " girlie get your body into a bikini!!

This new poster is amusing lol
Yet another sock.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic