British JARED DOWNER Violently Attacks Tuk Tuk Driver

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
paul.smith
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Re: British JARED DOWNER Violently Attacks Tuk Tuk Driver

Post by paul.smith »

Well a year in a Cambodian jail should sort him out and a quick deportation order back to Blighty. On the Tuk Tuk driver that is a very comprehensive bandaging job and I am glad they stopped there or he would be auditioning for the next Mummy movie!Image
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Thugs like this need to be locked up
lin.chea-ronh
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by lin.chea-ronh »

:dragonchase: yeah yeah ,a punch- on pommie ,👴👴😎🙆😂😁😀
:stir: Be seeing you this weekend & doing some photo display ,c\o Jun Jun guesthouse .
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:53 am If the tuk tuk driver was just showing typical tuk tuk driver behavior, maybe that by itself made him cross the line?
"..made him cross the line"
Guilty. we did
(chuckle/belly laugh)

We can select just the right the buttons of all the arseholes in an instant. That's the fun part of the job.
That, and ripping off all the mean-spirited suspicious ones.
Everyone else loves us.

(Written and spoken by sa albifrons on behalf of the United Tuk Tuk Drivers of Cambodia Guild)
linda.dillon
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by linda.dillon »

Shame on you all, for believing anything you read from the Cambodian news and passing judgement without knowing Jared or the facts. I’m glad to see all your worldly travelling have made you such open mined people! Jared was not on meths he was set up not just by the tuk tuk guy and did what he did in self defence to try and escape. Anyone who knows or met Jared in Cambodia will know what a good hearted , all round gentle guy he is who would not hesitate in helping his fellow compatriots in time of need.
As for the idiot comment regarding his shorts , I don’t suppose you are 6’4 and tried to find shorts to fit in Cambodia.

As his mother distraught and desperate for help it is heart wrenching to read such comments.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

That’s the thing about Cambodia. Nobody ever does anything but little Jimmy dies from drug overdose and little Jenna floats ashore. Everybody’s a little sweetheart when they come here and always innocent until they are not.

If Cambodian tuktuk drivers and police were planting meth it would be reported more than just once. If your son or who ever he is to you was in Thailand people would believe that story, but here frankly is just not how things work.

Unbelievable details are picked apart and discussed infinitely on this site. It is a running joke that foreigners who pass away die from heart attack. It’s not that people believe everything, but it is very credible that Jared has been arrested with meth in his body. The police tested his urine and he tested positive.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

linda.dillon wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 am Shame on you all, for believing anything you read from the Cambodian news and passing judgement without knowing Jared or the facts. I’m glad to see all your worldly travelling have made you such open mined people! Jared was not on meths he was set up not just by the tuk tuk guy and did what he did in self defence to try and escape. Anyone who knows or met Jared in Cambodia will know what a good hearted , all round gentle guy he is who would not hesitate in helping his fellow compatriots in time of need.
As for the idiot comment regarding his shorts , I don’t suppose you are 6’4 and tried to find shorts to fit in Cambodia.

As his mother distraught and desperate for help it is heart wrenching to read such comments.

Jared was not on meths, LOL. Did Jared study maths? LOL [Mod edit: inappropriate]
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

linda.dillon wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 am Shame on you all, for believing anything you read from the Cambodian news and passing judgement without knowing Jared or the facts. I’m glad to see all your worldly travelling have made you such open mined people! Jared was not on meths he was set up not just by the tuk tuk guy and did what he did in self defence to try and escape. Anyone who knows or met Jared in Cambodia will know what a good hearted , all round gentle guy he is who would not hesitate in helping his fellow compatriots in time of need.

What reason would tuk tuk drivers and cops have to set your son up? Are they asking you or him for something?

I know your son may find it easier to tell you he was setup rather than voluntarily trying some meth, you need to consider that possibility. Good luck
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

By the way, Cambodia now has a quite extensive range of shorts or pants to choose from. No need to look like a schoolboy
linda.dillon
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by linda.dillon »

Perhaps you can tell the police thatAs the clothes were provided from them, I think you’re the school boy I fall you can comment on is his clothes!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic