Battambang Prosecutor Started Farming Wild Boar

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Battambang Prosecutor Started Farming Wild Boar

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Battambang): There is a man who has started a wild boar farm in Korieng district, Battambang. The Lieutenant Kim Ponlok, Kom Rieng district prosecutor, said he took three or four wild boar from the forest line at the Cambodia Thai border and feed them in the village. Now, after two years, he has 20 wild boars. One wild boar weighs about 90 to 100 kg.
Wild boar is easy to feed. It is a rare animal in the forest, but we can feed them in the village. Wild boar needs a lot of food. It eats grass, corn, potatoes, and other fruit. Please help to protect wild boar and stop hunting them.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Battambang Prosecutor Started Farming Wild Boar

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Wild pigs are likely to be the most intractable vector for Swine Flu throughout Asia.
...along with bent border guards of course.

(Ps, this disease has already killed 40% of pigs in China and the toll is still rising fast- get your chops around that one)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:48 pm Wild pigs are likely to be the most intractable vector for Swine Flu throughout Asia.

(Ps, this disease has already killed 40% of pigs in China and the toll is still rising fast- get your chops around that one)
Wild pigs may be less susceptible to swine flu especially in the wild as they are not raised in close contact with each other. The second thing is all the long white commercial pigs that are breed for meat consumption, [ as in China , ] have a almost identical DNA to each other. If a disease affects one it will quickly spread throughout the adjoining population cause if one has no resistance to the disease non of the others will either.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Duncan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:45 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:48 pm Wild pigs are likely to be the most intractable vector for Swine Flu throughout Asia.

Wild pigs may be less susceptible to swine flu especially in the wild as they are not raised in close contact with each other. The second thing is all the long white commercial pigs that are breed for meat consumption, [ as in China , ] have a almost identical DNA to each other. If a disease affects one it will quickly spread throughout the adjoining population cause if one has no resistance to the disease non of the others will either.
You might be right there Duncan.
I got my concern from an assessment of the risk of swine flu spreading in Australia,
- it included the view that the disease would spread through SE Asia in spite of any quarantine measures - because of extensive wild pig populations.
However, given how Australian agricultural reports/understandings of SEA are so often completely wrong, I think i might accept your assessment as being more reliable. 'Makes sense to me.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Can you eat them?
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 pm Can you eat them?
They can be highly toxic to human life during the capture process. :evil6:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

andy1 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:42 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 pm Can you eat them?
They can be highly toxic to human life during the capture process. :evil6:
An Aussie mate of mine was watching videos of boar hunting in NSW when he (Mr Piggy) came running out of the bushes and charging at the guy with the shot gun. I reckon he had about 1 second maximum to take aim, firm and for the shot to have an effect before Mr Piggy rammed his tusks into the shooters leg. Fuck that for a game of soldiers...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I Went with a friend pig hunting many times in NZ and all he had was two dogs a knife and me carrying a old 303 rifle. Pig hunting is a pastime / sport just like some people go fishing or play game sports. It's no big deal if you like physical fit and like a bit of exercise in the bush, and the hardest part is carrying a pig carcass back home or to your car. But any Maori will tell you it's worth it all when you open up that hangi and smell the pork, potatoes , kumara and pumkins and wash it down with a beer while someone plays
Spoiler:

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:51 am I Went with a friend pig hunting many times in NZ and all he had was two dogs a knife and me carrying a old 303 rifle. Pig hunting is a pastime / sport just like some people go fishing or play game sports. It's no big deal if you like physical fit and like a bit of exercise in the bush, and the hardest part is carrying a pig carcass back home or to your car. But any Maori will tell you it's worth it all when you open up that hangi and smell the pork, potatoes , kumara and pumkins and wash it down with a beer while someone plays
Spoiler:

Pretty graphic videos. I thought they just shot them but it seems the dogs take the small ones down and then it a squealing session until the knife goes into the neck. Not the way I would care to spend Boxing Day but each to their own.

The meat must get a bit gamey with the slow terrified death and all that adrenalin running around the blood. I shoot a couple of pheasants many years back; one was a clean kill, the other was a right mess and I had to finish it off under a bush. The difference in flavour between the clean kill and the freaked out one was very noticeable.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Crawling with parasites.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic