American Expat BRADFORD BOWMAN EDWARDS Found Dead in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Expat BRADFORD BOWMAN EDWARDS Found Dead in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Felgerkarb wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:12 pm RIP. I considered investing/buying some of his units. His work on his properties was top notch and he was a straight shooter.

I hope his paperwork is in order on ownership of all his properties and next of kin...otherwise the Sangkat chief is going to be a very happy man.
I am sure the guy who did the building is 1st in line.B as ever was super efficient in all things legal,his hand written rent agreements were halarious.I walk pass his door twice a day and think could i have done more.I was asked to attend the sangkat thursday morning were i was given another insight into khmer policing,at one stage i thought im in the shit here.luckily the builder turned up and said to the police i was his no1 project,i can see were he was coming from and was told to leave and go home.
B gave me hope in humanity when i found myself in a pickle he would say rent will do next month or even skip it this month,ive been back only 3 weeks under his wing and this happens.
R.I.P. B YOU HAVE MANY FRIENDS ON EARTH. :beer2:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:43 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:12 pm RIP. I considered investing/buying some of his units. His work on his properties was top notch and he was a straight shooter.

I hope his paperwork is in order on ownership of all his properties and next of kin...otherwise the Sangkat chief is going to be a very happy man.
I am sure the guy who did the building is 1st in line.B as ever was super efficient in all things legal,his hand written rent agreements were halarious.I walk pass his door twice a day and think could i have done more.I was asked to attend the sangkat thursday morning were i was given another insight into khmer policing,at one stage i thought im in the shit here.luckily the builder turned up and said to the police i was his no1 project,i can see were he was coming from and was told to leave and go home.
B gave me hope in humanity when i found myself in a pickle he would say rent will do next month or even skip it this month,ive been back only 3 weeks under his wing and this happens.
R.I.P. B YOU HAVE MANY FRIENDS ON EARTH. :beer2:
Well spoken, sir.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Adam Xie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Adam Xie »

Rest in peace, old man.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

I am sure the guy who did the building is 1st in line.
You think he wrote out a will leaving his properties to his Khmer contractor? That would be rather unusual.

I was asked to attend the sangkat thursday morning were i was given another insight into khmer policing,at one stage i thought im in the shit here.luckily the builder turned up and said to the police i was his no1 project,i can see were he was coming from and was told to leave and go home.
This doesn't make a lot sense to me. Who is whose No.1 project? I'd be very suspicious about a Khmer builder who kicked you out of a meeting with a Sangkat.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

RIP
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:31 am

I am sure the guy who did the building is 1st in line.
You think he wrote out a will leaving his properties to his Khmer contractor? That would be rather unusual.

I was asked to attend the sangkat thursday morning were i was given another insight into khmer policing,at one stage i thought im in the shit here.luckily the builder turned up and said to the police i was his no1 project,i can see were he was coming from and was told to leave and go home.
This doesn't make a lot sense to me. Who is whose No.1 project? I'd be very suspicious about a Khmer builder who kicked you out of a meeting with a Sangkat.
Unless he has owned them for quite a few years the titles won't be in his name, so it's possible he had an arrangement with his builder. Not that it's anyone's business but theirs tbh.

Despite living locally I never met him, unfortunately. Another one gone too soon. RIP.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

B was a character a one off,he told me touch would do well if he passed on,he was ready to go he had a very bad scare 2 yrs ago when touch,s wife looked after him 24/7 for 6 weeks and then they drove him to bangkok for treatment.B never went out in the day for months at a time,when he came back from bangkok he made a effort but fell back into the old nocturnal life.
b has had the property for at least 8yrs that i know off.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

how long can a body be kept in the morgue?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:22 am how long can a body be kept in the morgue?
Until the deceased's friends pay to have it taken out of the morgue or the morgue concludes that no one will pay and arranges a low budget cremation.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

not the case here,the police still have Bs apartment sealed and things are moving very slowly.Touch has got all off his properties and offered me favourable rent.At least a nice guy gets what he deserves instead off the sangkat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic