Cambodia rocks

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia rocks

Post by frank lee bent »

This is kratom with the fruit
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

KRATOM: The SUPER PLANT
Cure for Stress, Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction
By: J.P. Edwin

Categories: Health & Personal Development, How To
Free with 30-day trial Non-member price:$16.45/mo
https://www.audible.com.au/pd/Kratom-Th ... B07MJM9B1H

Also available by the same author.
Charms Incantations and Magic Spells
- invocations and prayers addressed to herbs;
- mystical words or prayers chanted or written on papers for the patient to apply on his body;
- conjurations or exorcisms addressed to diseases,;
- narrative charms : episode of the life of sacred or legendary characters who suffered similar diseases with the patient;
- the attribution of magical powers to certain objects, plants, animals or stones;
- transference of a disease by a formula or a ceremony to animals or material objects.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Kratom123 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:55 am
beaker wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:51 am
Kratom123 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:36 am
beaker wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 am We have one at our house there is fruit on it but they are not ripe yet but when they are I will report back.
They look like this one:
The fruit is not in season yet so I don’t think it is
The photo is from the web a picture of Kratom fruit
Here is a picture from our tree
I live in bttbm maybe different strain

After further research the tree in our yard is not Mitragyna speciosa or Kartom tree which is in the coffee family.

The tree in our yard is the Morinda citrifolia or Noni tree which is also in the coffee family hence the same leaf structure as the Kartom.
lNoni fruit

Uses & Effectiveness?

Cancer. Early research suggests that taking 6-8 grams of noni daily might improve physical function, fatigue, and pain in people with advanced cancer. However, noni does not seem to reduce tumor size.

Age-related spinal damage (cervical spondylosis). Early research suggests that taking noni juice while participating in physiotherapy for 4 weeks can reduce neck pain and improve neck flexibility compared to physiotherapy alone. However, treatment with physiotherapy alone seems to relive pain and improve flexibility better than noni juice alone.

Exercise performance. Early research suggests that drinking a juice containing noni, grapefruit, and blackberry juices for 21 days can increase exercise endurance in distance runners.

Hearing loss. Early research suggests that drinking 4 ounces of noni juice daily for 3 months does not improve hearing in hearing-impaired women.

High blood pressure. Early research suggests that drinking 4 ounces of a specific noni juice (Tahitian Noni Juice) daily for one month can reduce blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.

An infection of parasites on the skin (leishmaniasis). Early research suggests applying an ointment to the skin that contains noni stem might reduce some of the skin symptoms of leishmaniasis.

Osteoarthritis. Early research suggests that drinking 3 ounces of a specific noni juice (Tahitian Noni Juice) daily for 90 days can reduce the need for pain relievers and improve quality of life in people with osteoarthritis.

Nausea and vomiting after surgery. Noni fruit might reduce nausea. Some research shows that it reduces nausea after surgery. However, it does not appear to affect vomiting.

Infections of the kidney, bladder, or urethra (urinary tract infections or UTIs). Early research in women shows that taking antibiotics along with noni extract, d-mannose, and N-acetylcysteine for up to 6 months might reduce the risk of a bladder infection and improve symptoms better than taking antibiotics alone. It is not clear if this effect is from noni or the other ingredients.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:06 am This is kratom with the fruit
Yes it is I found another tree on my land today with the Bhopa Leung ( yellow flower)
Matty
Tourist
Australia

Post by Matty »

Hi
This is off topic but I saw an earlier post from you about bee keeping.
I have a cashew farm in Kompong Chhnang and I’m interested in setting up some bee hives . Would appreciate any help or info as to who may be helpful. My email [email protected] cheers.
ryan.hicks
Tourist
United States of America

Kratom

Post by ryan.hicks »

What's the legality of Kratom here? I know it grows wild but is it technically illegal or is it one of those things that people can use with no real issue? Also is it easy to find? I am coming from the US where there's no problems getting it or using it so I'm hoping I won't have any problems in Cambodia either.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kratom123 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:58 am Was talking to a Tuk Tuk driver about Kratom . He said the Khmer people plant these trees outside their house . They like to chew the leaf and eat the fruit. Didn’t know you could eat the fruit. Anyone out there eat before? Can get leaf pm me
kratom is a narcotic, related to the coffee plant. It is sort of legal in lots of countries but not Cambodia. The leaf is used to make a tea which has similar effect to Opium but is supposedly non addictive. It is incrdibly bitter. in the west they put it capsules to get round the taste.
It is officially illegal here, but I am told you can sometimes find seeds and plants for sale in markets. Apparently it is grown in some villages where it is used as a medicine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic