Kratom internet trafficking from Cambodia ? 2kgs of something stopped.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kratom internet trafficking from Cambodia ? 2kgs of something stopped.

Post by beaker »

The Kratom sites you put up are slanted also but towards the big pharmaceutical company bias.
I think it is best for any consumer to get as much info as possible before making any choice for any medication.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

beaker wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:16 pm The Kratom sites you put up are slanted also but towards the big pharmaceutical company bias.
I think it is best for any consumer to get as much info as possible before making any choice for any medication.
Yep, Beak, 'agree on both points.
Big Pharma is worse than the Green Tea meth mob.

Even with 4000 years of Cannabis knowledge, we are just now realising how little we know about its extremely complex pharmacology - particularly relating to establishing the precise dosages required for specific medical conditions, and how the mixtures and ratio's of Cannabis's different active ingredients interact with each other.
It's very early days for kratom.

PS, If Kratom is so common, and it's effects well known to locals - how come it did not suddenly become fashionable 4000 years ago, also?
That's my No1 reason for suspicion.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

I don't know, but it's pretty commonly known. I asked my wife and found out we have it right in the yard. The landlord/neighbor knew about it but says he used the seeds not the leaves they called it 'nhy-ooh'
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am Image
Well, this is interesting. Looks like some sharp online drug sellers are selling fresh/dried leaves of kratom out of Cambodia to the US.
Cambodia police stopped a shipment of 2 kilos of what looks like kratom leaves recently. They don't seem to be too sure if it's an illegal drug or not. Is it ?
It could also be oregano, but I don't think that grows in Cambodia.
Doesnt look like kratom
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doesn't look like oregano either. Maybe it's basil ?
When I was a (young) teenager, unscrupulous drug dealers used to try to sell us mixed herbs instead of grass. Some people have no morals. :facepalm:
Mantis Toboggan, MD
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Mantis Toboggan, MD »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am Image
Well, this is interesting. Looks like some sharp online drug sellers are selling fresh/dried leaves of kratom out of Cambodia to the US.
Cambodia police stopped a shipment of 2 kilos of what looks like kratom leaves recently. They don't seem to be too sure if it's an illegal drug or not. Is it ?
It could also be oregano, but I don't think that grows in Cambodia.
I've been drinking kratom tea off and on since 2012, this is definitely not kratom. Kratom is only native to South Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Southern Myanmar, and Papua New Guinea. I have seen a handful of people on CEO saying that it grows in Cambodia and it's called "k'tum", I am suspicious of this given how many people confuse it with the betelnut leaf. I speak Khmer and can identify the leaves so I'll check into it with the Krus at the markets and report back.

Either way, I have extra kratom (powder, my own stuff from Indonesia) that I can get rid of if anyone is interested.

BTW @chkwoot were you still looking?
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by philip.smith »

Don't see the hype for it, but then again I'm not using it to ween of anything harder. Tasted like pure ass strained through mud and eucalyptus leaves, and left me feeling nauseous
Tried a couple different strains, doses, and sources and all left me disappointed.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

philip.smith wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:48 am Don't see the hype for it, but then again I'm not using it to ween of anything harder. Tasted like pure ass strained through mud and eucalyptus leaves, and left me feeling nauseous
Tried a couple different strains, doses, and sources and all left me disappointed.
The taste of a hottie's round, plump, slightly wide pure ass never disappoints me.
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by philip.smith »

Marty wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:06 am
philip.smith wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:48 am Don't see the hype for it, but then again I'm not using it to ween of anything harder. Tasted like pure ass strained through mud and eucalyptus leaves, and left me feeling nauseous
The taste of a hottie's round, plump, slightly wide pure ass never disappoints me.
Yeah but this is less hottie and more "Eastern European truck stop".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic