American Killed in Shootout at Gas Station in Saudi Arabia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

American Killed in Shootout at Gas Station in Saudi Arabia

Post by General Mackevili »

No, it wasn't me. Relax.

(CNN) - One American defense contract worker was killed and another was lightly injured in a shooting at a gas station in Saudi Arabia's capital on Tuesday, a U.S. State Department official said.

The two were at a gas station in Riyadh when a gunman opened fire on their car, the country's official news agency reported, citing police in the city.

The gunman, whom police didn't identify, was wounded in a subsequent exchange of gunfire with police and taken into custody, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Neither the Americans' names nor information about a possible motive was immediately released. The injured American was taken to a hospital, the SPA reported.

The Americans worked for Vinnell Arabia, a U.S. defense contractor supporting the Saudi Arabia National Guard, and were about a half-mile from a Vinnell base when the shooting happened, the State Department official said.

Vinnell Arabia, partly owned by U.S.-based Northup Grumman Corp., has helped to train Saudi national guard troops since 1975. It says it has more than 1,250 employees, some of whom are former U.S. troops. More than half of the employees are.....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/14/world/mea ... index.html
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: American Killed in Shootout at Gas Station in Saudi Arab

Post by Digg3r »

Knew it wasn't you as it was at a gas station. Women aren't allowed to drive so why would you be there...
;-)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: American Killed in Shootout at Gas Station in Saudi Arab

Post by StroppyChops »

Journalists make me laugh... "wasn't immediately available for comment", "information wasn't immediately released", "didn't immediately respond", "didn't immediately return our call" all start to sound same same after a while. And what they all mean is "the internet hasn't done my job for me yet."
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic