Search On for Missing Woman AMELIA BAMBRIDGE on Koh Rong, Cambodia (RIP)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Search On for Missing Woman AMELIA BAMBRIDGE on Koh Rong, Cambodia

Post by taabarang »

Now is clearly the time to drop the pompous bickering and search for evidence, not opinions based on fraudulent suspicions of what might be true.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:27 pm
CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:39 am

Stupid comment little USA warlord, no 21-year-old girl must carry 3 or 4 different medications if she is not really sick and those medications are prescribed by the doctor. It also makes a difference if you then have the medication at home in the guesthouse to take them in the morning, noon and evening, or just with you. This has nothing to do with sacrifice, victim or speculation, I refuse such comments from them!!! I only like to knowing what kind of tablets is that - and nothing more. And sorry when you didn't understand, not everyone gone to University. Please call my "Kommisar Rex", I'm not a french men and I was a little bit higher like an Inspector..., why must every f.... people everythink here reply an comment? Why, I can't understand.
Well most people on here are intelligent thinking people and have already speculated in their own minds but not posted openly as speculation only fuels distress.

As can be seen in above posts, people on here have blown up the photos and researched the medications.

Have you?
[/quote

I looked closely at the pictures of the contents of the bag and you can not directly identify the individual tablets. Also, I am absolutely not about speculation. Any normal investigator asks what those medicines are and why they are in the bag - that's all! Also, just to be able to exclude that she may have fallen into the water after an accident and drowned.

All the pillboxes have opened, it is well known that she probably drank something - and I just wanted to know what drugs it is not to speculate. It is not my intention to put up a discussion or speculation here at this time - but ultimately - and I am sure - I have worked as a leisure and hobby policeman already missing cases and also seen numerous contents of handbags in various criminal cases, and next It is just a few personal things that attract attention. Yesterday I already posted that the handbag is a very important indiez, just because of the clock in it.

It would also be interesting to know if she had her glasses on during the evening, she was wearing them in her handbag or not. Same with the wristwatch. And to the gentleman who puts me under speculation - he likes to do that, but without attacking my personality as a "French inspector"!

I'd like to ask some questions here - and please answer them only yourself: If only one of you has ever worked on a criminal case, one of you has dealt with a missing person case, one of you has arrested a murderer, has one of you once talked to victims? So just let me post and above all - in peace !!!

I understand that many of you do not like police - but here I just speculate - because they are wanted in the home and it was only because of lack of child support, or because they themselves wanted to be a cop, but did not make it??? :)
And I'm not meaning you Mishmash...
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:21 pm I looked closely at the pictures of the contents of the bag and you can not directly identify the individual tablets. Also, I am absolutely not about speculation. Any normal investigator asks what those medicines are and why they are in the bag - that's all! Also, just to be able to exclude that she may have fallen into the water after an accident and drowned.
Nobody eats Imodium for diarrhea and Twinrix hepatitis A and B vaccine and then falls into the water and drowns.

Last edited by fax on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:21 pm

I looked closely at the pictures of the contents of the bag and you can not directly identify the individual tablets. Also, I am absolutely not about speculation. Any normal investigator asks what those medicines are and why they are in the bag - that's all! Also, just to be able to exclude that she may have fallen into the water after an accident and drowned.

All the pillboxes have opened, it is well known that she probably drank something - and I just wanted to know what drugs it is not to speculate. It is not my intention to put up a discussion or speculation here at this time - but ultimately - and I am sure - I have worked as a leisure and hobby policeman already missing cases and also seen numerous contents of handbags in various criminal cases, and next It is just a few personal things that attract attention. Yesterday I already posted that the handbag is a very important indiez, just because of the clock in it.

It would also be interesting to know if she had her glasses on during the evening, she was wearing them in her handbag or not. Same with the wristwatch. And to the gentleman who puts me under speculation - he likes to do that, but without attacking my personality as a "French inspector"!

I'd like to ask some questions here - and please answer them only yourself: If only one of you has ever worked on a criminal case, one of you has dealt with a missing person case, one of you has arrested a murderer, has one of you once talked to victims? So just let me post and above all - in peace !!!

I understand that many of you do not like police - but here I just speculate - because they are wanted in the home and it was only because of lack of child support, or because they themselves wanted to be a cop, but did not make it??? :)
And I'm not meaning you Mishmash...
Ok as @Phnom Poon pointed out "the meds are a lip balm, anti-diarrhea, and hepatitis pills common for tropical tourists"

The Lip Balm is Carmex - https://www.mycarmex.com/cold-sore-care/
The Anti-diarrhea is Imodium - https://www.imodium-me.com/
The Hepatitis Prevention medication is Twinrix Adult - https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1163/smpc

I am not a cop. A lot of my friends are.

I cannot help here - only watch with interest and hope fo a resolution.

As @CEOCambodiaNews keeps posting updates from the people in situ, that people who can help are welcome to go to Koh Rong and contribute in whatever capacity they can.

I realize it may be tough to take insults from people, especially when you are trying to contribute, but I generally receive worse before 08:00 on UK Construction Sites - it pays to roll with it if at all possible.

OK sir??
kerberus
Expatriate

Post by kerberus »

Twinrix is not a pill. It's a vaccinationset with needle. It makes not much sense to take it with you cause you need to start the immunization early.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Helicopter Search on Koh Rong
Koh Rong Town, Sihanoukville: In addition to the use of tracker dogs in the afternoon of October 30, 2019, authorities mounted a search operation by helicopter in an attempt to locate the missing British woman on Koh Rong island, Preah Sihanouk province.
ImagePhotos Huy Bunleng
The search operation, on land and sea, which officials said are continuing on the evening of October 30, 2019, has not yet found Amelia Bambridge, 21, who has been missing on Koh Rong since the early hours of October 24, 2019.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

October 30, 2019
VIDEO: Police question dozens as hope fades for Bambridge’s rescue

Koh Rong island, Preah Sihanouk province – Six more people were summoned by police yesterday to be questioned as part of their investigation into the case of Amelia Bambridge, who has yet to be found as hope dwindles for her safe rescue following her mysterious disappearance after partying on Police Beach on Thursday.

Major Un Vitou, deputy chief of the maritime border police post on Koh Rong, said the six were party-goers, construction workers and bar employees who were around Police Beach during the time Ms Bambridge disappeared.

“They were brought in for questioning because some of them were at the party early Thursday morning,” Maj Vitou said. “They were construction workers and staffers of bars and restaurants on the island.”
Two of them were still being questioned as of 7.15pm yesterday.

Major General Chuon Narin, provincial police chief, said police have so far questioned 20 people as part of their investigation.

“We invited them for questioning about the missing British woman,” he said. “Only two remain for questioning; the others were allowed to go home.”

Brigadier General Nop Panha, deputy chief of provincial police, said more than 70 foreigners and Cambodians attended the party that began Wednesday evening and went on until the next morning.

Ms Bambridge has been missing since 3am on Thursday in Koh Rong city’s Koh Rong Sanloem commune. Search and rescue efforts began over the weekend after Ms Bambridge was reported missing by her friends.

Maj Vitou said rescue teams trekked the jungles of Koh Rong island, but no clues were found. Authorities are also checking with fishermen if anyone was accidentally caught in their nets.

“I have crossed the jungles on the island for five days, but we have not seen any clues about her disappearance,” Maj Vitou said.

Ms Bambdrige’s disappearance has baffled residents on the island because no sign of her has been found despite rescue efforts by hundreds of security personnel.

Hour Sruoy, 57, said if Ms Bambridge drowned, her body would have been found by now.

“We doubt that she drowned because her body would have floated after nearly one week,” Ms Sruoy said. “If she was kidnapped, the hundreds of security personnel would have found her. This case is very strange.”

Chhoeun Chantha, chief of Koh Rong Sanloem commune, said officials cannot make conclusions yet on what happened to Ms Bambridge.

“We do not have any clues as our rescue teams search jungles and the sea,” Mr Chantha said. “Despite all our efforts, we have yet to find her.”

A senior police officer who requested anonymity said there was “little hope” that Ms Bambridge will be found alive after a days-long hunt yielded few clues to her whereabouts.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50655484/p ... es-rescue/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Translator Needed
Posted on Koh Rong Facebook page 4 hours ago.
A Khmer-English translator is needed on Koh Rong to assist the family of the missing woman, Amelia Bambridge.
Surely the British Embassy should be helping with this sort of problem:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tonight's message from the expat search organizers on Koh Rong:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Amelia Bambridge has still not been found, so please avoid random speculation about her (possible, but unconfirmed) death on this thread. Searchers are going out again tomorrow.

For your information, there is a closed thread on the topic on the darknet for CEO members.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic