Cockfight

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Cockfight

Post by explorer »

Some of you may know from previous posts, I have a bicycle and do a fair amount of cycling, partly in an attempt to keep fit, and partly to see places that I many not otherwise see.

I happened to come across a cockfight recently.

I wouldn't normally go to a cockfight because, I don't like to see cruelty, and I don't want to be accused of being involved in anything illegal. But since I happened to come across it, I took a few photos. The people did not want their photos taken, but were OK if I photographed the roosters.

They tape spurs onto the back of their feet.

The actual cockfight lasted only about 20 seconds.

The losing rooster, coughing up a lot of blood. It probably died. It seems the spurs puncture the lungs.

The winning rooster, also coughing up some blood, but able to stand up.

## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##