Sihanoukville Power Outages?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Sihanoukville Power Outages?

Post by Sailorman »

Yes, you are right. The Snooky port is one rats-nest of corruption. The railroad was built to take the killer container trucks off of Hwy #4, but they are still there and the railroad doesn't seem to be carrying anything. The last I heard the head of the container port in Snooky said that the containers are not on the trains because the "paperwork" hasn't been done. Is that paperwork as in $$$$$ under the table? There was a major cruise ship in the other day, I wonder what kind of bribes they pay?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville Power Outages?

Post by taabarang »

Sailorman said, "Yes, you are right. The Snooky port is one rats-nest of corruption." Yep, no surprises here! Corruption is the system, the rats have nests everywhere.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic