Any US citizens obtain an ITIN successfully?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Any US citizens obtain an ITIN successfully?

Post by lostjeremy »

For the Khmer wife....

Everything is straight forward except the identity documents. There are 13 options but they must have a picture which narrows it down to National ID, passport and drivers license. My wife has those but IRS rules state you must send the original or certified copies, no notary copies allowed. I'm not sending originals through the mail so that's ruled out.

If you've been through this W7 process where did you obtain your certified copies of these forms of ID these from?

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Any US citizens obtain an ITIN successfully?

Post by Kammekor »

lostjeremy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am For the Khmer wife....

Everything is straight forward except the identity documents. There are 13 options but they must have a picture which narrows it down to National ID, passport and drivers license. My wife has those but IRS rules state you must send the original or certified copies, no notary copies allowed. I'm not sending originals through the mail so that's ruled out.

If you've been through this W7 process where did you obtain your certified copies of these forms of ID these from?

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Re: Any US citizens obtain an ITIN successfully?

Post by lostjeremy »

Kammekor wrote:
lostjeremy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am For the Khmer wife....

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Thanks...yes I'm aware of the price list of documents from MoFA. I was actually more curious if anyone has actually sent these in to the IRS with their W7 form and the result. Not looking to waste time if the IRS has rejected "certified" copies from MoFA others who've tried.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic