Search On for Missing Woman AMELIA BAMBRIDGE on Koh Rong, Cambodia (RIP)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Search On for Missing Woman, Amelia Bambridge, on Koh Rong

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Spread the word. Some of these people may have left the island by now.
Hi everyone!

In order to help with the search of Amelia, we are asking EVERYONE who was at the party on The night of Wednesday the 23rd to please message either Laura, Police Beach, or myself ALL of the photos and videos they’ve taken WITH TIME STAMPS ATTACHED the night/early morning of her disappearance.

Also if you know of anyone who has also been to the party to please do the same!

All and any help is greatly appreciated!
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

28 October 2019, @ 16:45 today it was reported that Amelia Bambridge has still not been found.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Lost or taken ? After four days of futile searching, there is growing concern.
Note that police are still asking anyone who was at the scene to send them any photos or videos of the party that night.

Missing backpacker Amelia Bambridge's father combs through CCTV: 'I think someone's take her'
The 21-year-old was last seen at a beach party in Cambodia on 24 October as she travelled by herself for the first time.
SE Asia correspondent @SiobhanRobbins
Monday 28 October 2019 10:43, UK
British backpacker Amelia Bambridge's father has told Sky News he believes she was taken after searching through CCTV of the night she went missing in Cambodia.

Sky News' southeast Asia correspondent, Siobhan Robbins, joined more than 100 volunteers and police searching for Amelia.

Through thick jungle they climb, a string of men in uniform picking their way through the trees in the centre of the Cambodia island of Koh Rong.

Every few minutes, one whistles or makes a chirping noise, wordlessly communicating their position to their team.

We follow as they march on through the intense heat, tracing a thin muddy path through the vegetation up a steep hill.

These men have one objective - to find Amelia Bambridge, the British backpacker who has been missing for five days.

The 21-year-old, from Worthing, West Sussex, disappeared after a beach party on the popular holiday island last Wednesday.

Her friends raised the alarm the following evening, and throughout the weekend volunteers joined the authorities in the search.

Amelia's bag was found on rocks where she had been partying so initially the focus was on the beach.

Scuba divers and drones scoured the water and the shoreline but there has been no trace of her so on Monday the search moved inland.

As various groups trampled through the thick vegetation, hoping that Amelia has stumbled off the path and got lost, her family combed through hours of CCTV trying to piece together her last known movements.

As we watch the grainy images on a large TV screen, her father, Phil Bambridge, points her out heading to the party with a small group of friends just before 2am

He said: "We were getting conflicting times of when she got there. I don't think she's in the sea, I think she's inland somewhere.

"I think someone's taken her. I don't think she's had an accident, if she'd had an accident she would have been found."
https://news.sky.com/story/missing-back ... r-11847457

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Amelia Bambridge: 'Sick' hackers target family of Brit missing in Cambodia
The 21-year-old from Worthing, West Sussex, was last seen at a beach party on the sland of Koh Rong

10:22, 28 OCT 2019
'Sick' hackers took over the Facebook account of the sister of a young woman missing in Cambodia in an apparent attempt to scam kindhearted fundraisers.

Amelia Bambridge was last seen at a party on the Cambodian island of Koh Rong at 3am on Thursday.

After the alarm was raised by staff at her hostel the following day, friends and family menbers have been making every effort to help find the 21-year-old.

With Ms Bambridge's sister Georgie, brother Harry and her dad having flown out to the island to look for her, other family members are working hard on her behalf at home.

Sharon Schultes, her other sister, has raised more than £10,000 through a urgent appeal set up on Friday to help find Ms Bambridge and get her home.

Early on Monday morning the worried relative announced that her Facebook had been hacked by people pushing some of the 529 people who have donated for extra cash.

"I have just been informed my Facebook has been hacked," Ms Schultes wrote.

"At a time like this. People are sick!!
"Please do not accept messages from me asking for money as it's not me.

"As if we are not going through a heartbreaking time as it is!! Makes me sick."

Although it is not currently clear whether the scammers had any success, people on the page confirmed they had been asked for Amazon eCards to "support the campaign".
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/a ... t-20740937

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

I would avoid speculation right at this moment as the search is ongoing and CEO is on the first page rankings for this story.

We can only hope for a resolution.

And keep posting the updates so concerned families and friends can read easily.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The search continues. Volunteers for tomorrow's search are asked to gather at Runaways at 8am.
Well done to the searchers and all those who are volunteering their time. These people are doing a tremendous job. Let us hope that tomorrow will be the lucky day.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Large contingent of RCAF, Gendarmes and Navy :thumb:

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

12:33am, 29 October 2019: Nothing new to report on the search for Amelia Bambridge at this time, but here are some more photos of the search operation from local Khmer news, for those who are following from far away.
Amelia's bag was found on a rocky outcrop close to the beach. Unfortunately, it contained her telephone.
Photos from kbn.news

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Some new details in this article in today's Guardian newspaper:
28 October 2019
A Cambodian official working with police on Koh Rong said on Monday a local man was talking to officers on the island, but had not been suspected of or charged with any crime. The man had allegedly been the subject of complaints by women over incidents unrelated to Bambridge. He was not believed to have attended the beach party.

Police searched the man’s clothes and other possessions in a hostel where he worked. Harry Bambridge, accompanied by police, checked the property for items that may have belonged to his sister.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... osing-hope

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Search On for Missing Woman AMELIA BAMBRIDGE on Koh Rong, Cambodia

Summary of the situation up to now, from Sky News, 28 October 2019:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic