How do I get my Cambodian girlfriend to WANT to be thin?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: How do I get my Cambodian girlfriend to WANT to be thin?

Post by IraHayes »

Just trade her on for a newer, sleeker model when the warranty expires or the service costs become costly.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:14 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 am
That's the Belgium Health Minster? Really? You gotta be kidding...

Ffs, call Greenpeace, this f**ker needs dragging back into the sea ASAP
RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

Nicolas wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 am
RandyN wrote:I've been with my girlfriend for four years. When I met her she was 45 kilos, now she is 55.

I think she has gained weight because we eat at restaurants and she now has pocket money that she spends at Brown coffee and pizza company.

She thinks her weight gain is great. She thinks being fat is "good" or "sart." Is this normal? Do most Cambodian women want to be thin or want to be fat?

How do I get her to stop eating unhealthy food and start exercising and making an effort to lose weight?
Happened to a friend. 48kg to 56kg and clearly it wasn’t slowing down. He paid her a high end gym membership for her to socialize with new friends, do yoga classes and Pilates and that kind of things.
She didn’t eat less, actually making new friends induced more Starbucks and Brown coffee breaks, and girls tend to go out to eat something after the gym.
But she became weight conscious, and with everyone focusing on a slim body it naturally became her goal too, so doing fitness everyday to shape her body became a normal routine.
Today, you are the one telling her to lose weight. Imagine if instead of you, it’s a bunch of friends she meet everyday at the gym, with that exact same goal of controlling weight and building a beach body.
Think about it.
Oh, and it works only if it’s a premium high end gym with classes all day. Make her thrilled to join an expensive place and make friends for whom money is not an issue.

True and actual story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea did it work?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

DaveG wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Apparently this gentlemen tried but turned back when the load proved too much.

whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

What a nice place this forum has become. She was a doctor her whole life. She has all the right credentials to be the minister of health. Some people are fat cause they choose to be. Some people have a genetic disadvantage. You think calling them whales is gonna help them or do you just wanna look tough?
just noise, white noise
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:26 pm Image
Hey you are not pushing that "Special Chinese Tea" doing the rounds lately are you - the one that guarantees you'll be thin in no time.

As used by GSM skanks

:beer3:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

whiteribbon wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 am

What a nice place this forum has become. She was a doctor her whole life. She has all the right credentials to be the minister of health. Some people are fat cause they choose to be. Some people have a genetic disadvantage. You think calling them whales is gonna help them or do you just wanna look tough?
Good points - doctor - credentials. Great counter post.

I never knew eating heaps of food without exercise was genetic - do we have some proof of it?

For a 'being fat' lifestyle choice I don't have a dog in the fight.

Obesity is linked to early death - period. Read the peer reviewed studies in the Lancet if you get bored.

"Being overweight and obesity now cause about one in seven of all premature deaths in Europe and one in five of all premature deaths in North America.”

I can say that the "Minister of Health" is not really a good role model in my personal opinion. Another "do as I say not as I do" politician to be frank.

I'm not tough - my dog is though.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

What world are we fucking living in now?

Feed your bitch whatever you think is the right amount. My advice is keep her hungry - all good working dogs are consistently hungry.

And before any mods pull the trigger.....

Sock fuckers....
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:50 am
whiteribbon wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 am

Good points - doctor - credentials. Great counter post.

I never knew eating heaps of food without exercise was genetic - do we have some proof of it?

For a 'being fat' lifestyle choice I don't have a dog in the fight.

Obesity is linked to early death - period. Read the peer reviewed studies in the Lancet if you get bored.

"Being overweight and obesity now cause about one in seven of all premature deaths in Europe and one in five of all premature deaths in North America.”

I can say that the "Minister of Health" is not really a good role model in my personal opinion. Another "do as I say not as I do" politician to be frank.

I'm not tough - my dog is though.
You know her? You know she eats heaps of food? Do you want to learn English from someone who never speaks a word of English in real life?
You have no idea what she did. She helped out a lot of people. Because she knew what was needed. She is not a politician. She is and always stayed a doctor. That’s why she is loved by so many.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic