Good girls in Phnom Penh

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Good girls in Phnom Penh

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:07 am
Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:54 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:45 am
Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 am Show me the Prakas bro :beer3:
It is called "ethics" Mish.
Ever heard of that?
:beer3: :beer3: Yep - in the papers daily... :beer3:
To be clear Mish,
Are you saying that you are not personally concerned about ethics yourself.
Including teachers fucking their students?
Thanks for your response - it's always good to discuss.

Ok - if you want to be serious bro then here is my serious side.

Personally (and personally only) I don't agree with abuse of position.

In addition, I have too much difficulty with my own love life and family to concern myself with other peoples.

In real life, it happens all the time.

The sex drive and 'love' always finds a way to overcome 'taboos' - that's why we have 7 billion of us.

I don't have a dog in this bro.

What's your position bro??
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:01 am I think there should always be professional conduct between teachers and students
I agree. However, when they know you. they think of you as a friend, and when they meet you, they like to talk to you. You can be their friend and keep it professional.
RedJohny wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:19 pm What is your experience and the best way to find a decent girl in Phnom Penh for a relationship (or even friendship) for a European guy in late 20's?
It would be appropriate for a European guy in late 20's to be friends with, or date a university student.

I know a lot of nice girls. If I met the right males, I would like to help some of them find good husbands. But I would have to know him first. I don't introduce them to people I don't know. I have had mothers ask me to find a good foreign husband for their daughters. I have told them, if I met an appropriate man, I would introduce him to a lot of girls and let him decide which one he liked.

It is actually very easy for the OP to meet girls himself. He doesn't need me to introduce him.

There are some people who seem to think, you can date a good girl and treat her like a bar girl. Good girls don't want to go to the bedroom with you until after they are married. If you don't respect a good girl, she wont want to be your friend long, and she will tell all of her friends about you too. But you can be friends with them. Just respect them and treat them well.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm ^those

Khmer girls either don’t speak English or are shy to do so. Learning Khmer will change the odds in your favor.
It can be a turn off for them too. Some (Many?) of them think this barang can speak khmer because he had had khmer girlfriends or a wife before and why is he now single, has he left his wife/gf, will he leave me too? The concept of learning khmer from a book or similar source sounds foreign to them. They are partially correct in their suspicions, but bar girls for a short, eh, language practice, don’t count as girlfriends. So technically there is no lying to a good girl here.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

hunter8 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 am It can be a turn off for them too. Some (Many?) of them think this barang can speak khmer because he had had khmer girlfriends or a wife before and why is he now single, has he left his wife/gf, will he leave me too?
Most Cambodian girls don't think like that. You are going by the way foreigners think, and assuming Cambodians think the same. As they get to know them, they will decide what they think of you.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

explorer wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:03 am
Most Cambodian girls don't think like that. You are going by the way foreigners think, and assuming Cambodians think the same. As they get to know them, they will decide what they think of you.
I heard them say quite often they don’t believe me when i say i’ve never had a Cambodian girlfriend after starting speaking khmer to them. In their eyes i probably look like a liar. And honestly, my khmer isn’t even that good.

Actually a foreigner would think that someone can speak another language because they studied it, not because they had a spouse or a gf to pick it from. That would be my first assumption anyway.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:58 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:01 am I think there should always be professional conduct between teachers and students
I agree. However, when they know you. they think of you as a friend, and when they meet you, they like to talk to you. You can be their friend and keep it professional.
RedJohny wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:19 pm What is your experience and the best way to find a decent girl in Phnom Penh for a relationship (or even friendship) for a European guy in late 20's?
It would be appropriate for a European guy in late 20's to be friends with, or date a university student.

I know a lot of nice girls. If I met the right males, I would like to help some of them find good husbands. But I would have to know him first. I don't introduce them to people I don't know. I have had mothers ask me to find a good foreign husband for their daughters. I have told them, if I met an appropriate man, I would introduce him to a lot of girls and let him decide which one he liked.

It is actually very easy for the OP to meet girls himself. He doesn't need me to introduce him.

There are some people who seem to think, you can date a good girl and treat her like a bar girl. Good girls don't want to go to the bedroom with you until after they are married. If you don't respect a good girl, she wont want to be your friend long, and she will tell all of her friends about you too. But you can be friends with them. Just respect them and treat them well.

I think the concept of virginity being the end all be all sign of a "good girl" ended with the advent of the rotary dial phone. Admittedly it is more difficult in my opinion to find a "good girl" working in a brothel, but most young people ( 20+) have engaged in premarital sex and if I were to find a woman that was chaste and waiting for marriage I would run. My wife is a university-educated, gainfully employed, attractive and intelligent woman 30 years my junior. She was not a virgin when I met her and I can assure you she is a "good girl".
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I wanted to add something interesting but geez in just 14 hours 36 replies covered everything.
Basically yes, good Cambodian girls don’t date. They will consider a relationship only if there’s a strong possibility of mariage.
Short term relationships will badly affect their reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hunter8 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm ^those

Khmer girls either don’t speak English or are shy to do so. Learning Khmer will change the odds in your favor.
It can be a turn off for them too. Some (Many?) of them think this barang can speak khmer because he had had khmer girlfriends or a wife before and why is he now single, has he left his wife/gf, will he leave me too? The concept of learning khmer from a book or similar source sounds foreign to them. They are partially correct in their suspicions, but bar girls for a short, eh, language practice, don’t count as girlfriends. So technically there is no lying to a good girl here.
It's not only the language you are speaking, it's also what you say, and what your body language tells them. :stir:

Of course my statement is a gross generalization, but don't forget you're in Cambodia, a country where loads of people people never received much (good) formal education, especially girls. English isn't the norm, relatively few are able to express themselves in English beyond the basics.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Boy, you guys love lumping things into categories.

"Good girl" is surely relative, no?

Khmer women are people and their proclivities/mores run the gamut.

These "good girls" who don't "date" and are "original" are most likely also from the province and have been under their mother's thumbs their entire existence. Not all of course. Some may just be more conservative than others via life experience and/or the experiences of their friends/family.

Just like in the West. You'd probably be more likely to come across a conservative virgin woman in the back woods of West Virginia than say a suburb of Los Angeles. But does that make one "good" and the other not?

There are also decent professional women in Phnom Penh, who are in every way, also "good", but are also not opposed to getting wet and messy with the right gentleman.

Years ago I dated 2 "good" girls I guess you guys would call them. One was an office administration manager and the other was a law student at RULE.

Both relationships lasted over a year and after a brief courtship period, became sexual. And by sexual, I mean these women were beasts...erotic dynamos....insatiable minx's of the first order. But I digress....

Now, years on, the law student is married to a Khmer bloke and has two kids. The office manager is married to some American from Milwaukee.

Good is in the eye of the beholder...there's no hard and fast rule as far as what a "good" Khmer woman is/what a "good" Khmer woman will and will not do.

Get out there and start meeting people and let your conscience/common sense be your guide. Stay away from druggies and hookers and your success rate for encountering a "good" Khmer woman increase by a factor of 10.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yeah, we don't know OP's definition/requirement of a 'good girl' other than he stated he's not interested in bar girls or hookers. There's no mention of 'original' or marriage so that leaves it pretty wide open.. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic