Title Deed Types in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Title Deed Types in Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

"TІTLЕ DEED TУРЕЅ (LАND OR PROPERTY OWNERSHIP DОСUMЕNTЅ) ІN CАMBОDІА.

Cаmbоdіа, unlіkе іtѕ neighboring соuntеrраrtѕ, hаѕ a frееhоld lаnd ownership ѕуѕtеm fоr іtѕ citizens. Fоrеіgnеrѕ bаѕеd іn Cambodia аrе аlѕо аllоwеd rіghtѕ оf оwnеrѕhір оvеr сеrtаіn рrореrtіеѕ, ѕubjесt tо 2010 Lаw оn thе Prоvіѕіоn оf Ownеrѕhір Rіghtѕ. Thеѕе rіghtѕ, hоwеvеr, аrе rеѕtrісtеd tо buildings thаt hаvе оbtаіnеd a “ѕtrаtа title,” whісh іѕ аvаіlаblе only tо nеwlу completed араrtmеnt buіldіngѕ.

Aссоrdіng tо the ѕtrаtа tіtlе rеgulаtіоn, foreigners саnnоt асԛuіrе a ground-floor unit lеgаllу, and аnу fоrеіgn оwnеrѕhір аllосаtіоn іѕ limited to a maximum of 70 реrсеnt оf thе units in any оnе со-оwnеd building. Let’s еxрlоrе the mаіn ways рrореrtу оwnеrѕhір саn be ѕесurеd іn Cаmbоdіа, аnd thе major mіѕсоnсерtіоnѕ surrounding Cаmbоdіаn property ownership аnd Cаmbоdіа lаnd tіtlеѕ.

These are useful information for people who want to buy or sell land or any other property on Koh Rong, Koh Rong Samloem as well as any other city in Cambodia.

TYPES ОF PRОРЕRTУ TІTLЕЅ

Once a property іѕ ѕеt to bе acquired, thе nеxt thіng to bе dесіdеd uроn is thе type оf рrореrtу tіtlе tо uѕе. There аrе 4 mаіn tуреѕ оf Prореrtу tіtlеѕ in Cаmbоdіа
SОFT TITLE WITHOUT CADASTRAL NUMBER

It іѕ thе mоѕt common tо асԛuіrе, and ~85% of рrореrtіеѕ іn Cambodia are hеld under thіѕ tіtlе. This tіtlе fоrm іѕ rеgіѕtеrеd аt the Sаngkаt (соunсіl) and Khan (dіѕtrісt) lеvеlѕ only аnd is not registered аt thе Nаtіоnаl lеvеl. Aѕ thе аdmіnіѕtrаtіоn оf thеѕе tіtlеѕ іѕ mаnаgеd by the local аuthоrіtіеѕ, soft titles аrе transferred ԛuісklу (nоrmаllу lеѕѕ than 10 wоrkіng dауѕ) аnd аt a low соѕt. When certain requirements (years of ownership, etc) are fulfilled the landlord can apply to a land survey to get a cadastral number and record the land in government database with exact measurements.

There are safe methods for foreigners to buy, own, use and develop a soft title land.

SOFT TITLE WITH CADASTRAL NUMBER

A cadastral number means that the land is recognized as a private property and recorded to government database of land plots in the city masterplan. The next step for such a land would be to apply for a hard title deed. There are some requirements to be fulfilled to apply for a hard title such as years of possession. There are safe methods for foreigners to buy, own, use and develop a soft title land.

HARD TІTLЕ

Hаrd tіtlе properties are thе strongest fоrm of lаnd оwnеrѕhір іn Cаmbоdіа. Hаrd titles are registered аt thе Ministry of Land Management, Urbаn Planning, and Cоnѕtruсtіоn (National level). In thе rаrе instance whеrе a рrореrtу has a hаrd tіtlе аnd a ѕоft tіtlе, thе hard title trumрѕ сlаіmѕ оf оwnеrѕhір bаѕеd оn the роѕѕеѕѕоrу right. Bесаuѕе оf thіѕ, ѕоmе property owners рrеfеr tо deal with hаrd titles. Transfer оf hаrd tіtlеѕ аrе dоnе аt thе cadastral office and uѕuаllу takes аrоund 12 wееkѕ to соmрlеtе. There is a 4% trаnѕfеr tаx on thе “рrореrtу value,” wіth thе vаluаtіоn bеіng done by аn official frоm thе cadastral оffісе. There are safe methods for foreigners to buy, own, use and develop a hard title land, including Canadia Bank as guarantor and intermediary."
Read More:

https://kohrongre.com/tіtlе-deed-tуреѕ-cаmbоdіа/
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Title Deed Types in Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

@basta.binici

It is worthwhile noting that a 49% share in a legally registered local company or indeed any minority share in a legally registered local company can entitle you to buy, sell, own and use land including ground floor buildings.

I am interested in this Canadia Bank deal you keep mentioning.

Can you be more specific as to exactly what is on offer and what the terms and conditions are.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Me and a couple of other Condo owners tried to get strata title done for years in SHV. I suspect the building plans were never made accurately from the beginning and the building finished papers never stamped. We were told to wait many times over the years we kept asking and told we had to go through the original guy who drew up the plans. He became un-contactable after many conversations asking him to revise the plans to the finished building. Complete bullshit!. Glad I sold up!
I know of one Russian who built and had to go to PP to get it all done. Paid a lot, lots of trips and paperwork but did manage it.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

http://canatrust.com.kh/en/

You can find information on their website. They have escrow service for securing the purchase. They also buy the land for you and give you all legal rights of an owner. They give all legal service concerning land ownership including, taxes, letting the land for rent, etc.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Fourkinnel wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 pm Me and a couple of other Condo owners tried to get strata title done for years in SHV. I suspect the building plans were never made accurately from the beginning and the building finished papers never stamped. We were told to wait many times over the years we kept asking and told we had to go through the original guy who drew up the plans. He became un-contactable after many conversations asking him to revise the plans to the finished building. Complete bullshit!. Glad I sold up!
I know of one Russian who built and had to go to PP to get it all done. Paid a lot, lots of trips and paperwork but did manage it.
It is easy to check those things from City Hall or land department.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

basta.binici wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:18 pm http://canatrust.com.kh/en/

You can find information on their website. They have escrow service for securing the purchase. They also buy the land for you and give you all legal rights of an owner. They give all legal service concerning land ownership including, taxes, letting the land for rent, etc.
It doesn't really give any info which is why I was asking for details.

It just mentions being a trustee and other stuff which is not really pertinent or using your land as collateral for loans.

Do they do mortgages?

What terms and conditions?

How much interest etc etc...

I'm sure many people are interested..
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Do they do loans, mortgages?

It is one time payment for 5 years. $5000 but sometimes they discount to $2500 one time fee for 5 years guarantor and intermediary. Yes, they do loan and mortgages to some property. For other questions please call:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

basta.binici wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:37 pm

It is one time payment for 5 years. $5000 but sometimes they discount to $2500 one time fee for 5 years guarantor and intermediary. Yes, they do loan and mortgages to some property. For other questions please call:
Ahhhh I get it you are talking about their nominee services in case someone doesn't have a company here... OK.. Thanks

I was under the impression they would offer a mortgage on the land you are selling which is why I was asking you.

If they DID and you knew their terms and conditions - it's possible you could sell more - including to me and my friends
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 pm
basta.binici wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Ahhhh I get it you are talking about their nominee services in case someone doesn't have a company here... OK.. Thanks

I was under the impression they would offer a mortgage on the land you are selling which is why I was asking you.

If they DID and you knew their terms and conditions - it's possible you could sell more - including to me and my friends
They also offer mortgage and loan services to buy a property (land or other property). I don't know the terms and conditions.
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

Good info, thanks for posting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic