Expats with a Khmer S. O.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: Expats with a Khmer S. O.

Post by ali baba »

neither a borrower nor a lender be
Scarier than malaria.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

My Cambodian wife and I live rurally, have two children and have been married for twelve years. Not always easy for either of us sometimes, but we're solid and steadfast in our love(and passion)for each other, enough to overcome cultural differences in how we approach problems.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote:My Cambodian wife and I live rurally, have two children and have been married for twelve years. Not always easy for either of us sometimes, but we're solid and steadfast in our love(and passion)for each other, enough to overcome cultural differences in how we approach problems.
Kudos.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Eros wrote:
Only loan what your willing to lose here.
Yep, I've lent/given money for food to several ladies at some of Phnom Penh's finest establishments and only one has ever paid me back and one bought me a beer once. The Woman's family? 100% write off.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

My fiancee's family has given us more than I alone have given them. They are not hurting for cash, however. So that's a big factor in the in laws situation that arise between westerner and Asian.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

last year i gave them a case of Anchor and that was that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic