Assisting to search for a criminal in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Assisting to search for a criminal in Siem Reap

Post by CambodiaGerman1 »

To all tourists and permanently resident in Siem Reap foreigners: I search together with the competent authorities - officially - an 35-40 year-old cheater, who is probably a Cambodian citizen. He speaks specifically foreigners in good English spoken language, mostly of Western descent and tells that he teaches poor, destitute children as a teacher of English and Japanese.

He then shows some older pictures and documents that do not really prove his story credibly. Important details are missing! He can not answer specific questions about the details, such as the location, so the address of the school, etc.! He had a list of about 60 victims who gave him money, a total of about 800-1000 USD in the last 2 months. Numerous names from Europe and Australia with signatures. Today I was able to take a picture of the number plate as well as the offender from behind. The Plate number of the black Honda Scooter 125 cc, Siem Reap 1K-8782

So two things:
1.) Please contact me personally if you have given this person money.
2.) Inform me - or directly the police in Siem Reap with reference to this post - if you see that person in the next few days.

For the capture of this offender, I have provided 250.00 USD as a reward, because who enriches under the pretext of doing something good for children - that belongs to a long time behind bars !!! This is personal, but no - I have not given him any money.

Thank's all
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Assisting to search for a criminal in Siem Reap

Post by Mishmash »

It's an interesting post - however....

What is the crime and where is the evidence?

The details are a little sparse for an all-out manhunt brother.

There are many dodgy people collecting on behalf of 'charity' here.

You are astute enough not to have given him anything.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Would this be scammer Steve? Khmer american dude? If so Somewhere it said he drank where
All the top blokes do I'm Siem Reap. Cozy Bar.

general-chatter/scammer-steve-cambodia- ... er%20steve
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:43 pm It's an interesting post - however....

What is the crime and where is the evidence?

The details are a little sparse for an all-out manhunt brother.

There are many dodgy people collecting on behalf of 'charity' here.

You are astute enough not to have given him anything.
I have been a police officer for many years and have asked the right questions, but I do not want to chronologically list all the details of this issue here. In any case, this person voluntarily did not want to come with me to the police for a nice photo from the front, so that I only had one shot from behind.

He has run away so fast that he has not even folded the prop of the scooter. Incidentally, the proof was provided to me by this fraudster himself because I was able to photograph a part of the names from his list. I am also concerned with prevention that in the future there will be no further victims in this or similar cases.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

I have, in the past, in other countries, been approached on the street by locals who are "fund raising" and who show me a sheet with names of other Westerners and amounts donated.

I usually just tell them to fuck off rather than starting a man hunt for them and offering a reward for their arrest.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:49 pm Would this be scammer Steve? Khmer american dude? If so Somewhere it said he drank where

Well - my beady Kojak & Columbo eye has spotted a distinctly brown foot in flip-flops in the moto photo.

Also, a hint of Khmer style trousers - color brown (see long distance shot for better color)

His moto has sellotape stitching the seat together

Plates

When I zoom the long distance shot I see dark black Khmer style hair and blue shirt with slightly worn laptop bag.

He also left his kick-stand down.

So does it match Scammer Steve? Approx Height, Build and moto?
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:11 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:49 pm Would this be scammer Steve? Khmer american dude? If so Somewhere it said he drank where

Well - my beady Kojak & Columbo eye has spotted a distinctly brown foot in flip-flops in the moto photo.

Also, a hint of Khmer style trousers - color brown (see long distance shot for better color)

His moto has sellotape stitching the seat together

When I zoom the long distance shot I see dark black Khmer style hair and blue shirt with slightly worn laptop bag.

So does it match Scammer Steve? Aprox Height, Build and moto?
Sorry mishmash I didn't have my glasses on and missed the second photo. Nope Steve is bald and wiry. Definitely not this guy.
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:11 pm

Also, a hint of Khmer style trousers - color brown.

So does it match Scammer Steve?
I have the same picture in high quality given to the criminal police dep. here in SR today, but blue shirt, black laptop bag still right and have a clear "soft" voice in a good quality English language. And right, he run away so fast that the kick-stand was down. But I didn't want to kick him from his scooter before - because then he would be the victim and I the culprit..., I was not an English or Japanese teacher, only a teacher in Self-defense. :)
CambodiaGerman1
Expatriate
Germany

Bedazzler! wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:11 pm I have, in the past, in other countries, been approached on the street by locals who are "fund raising" and who show me a sheet with names of other Westerners and amounts donated.

I usually just tell them to fuck off rather than starting a man hunt for them and offering a reward for their arrest.
Of course I could have done that here - but that's not my style! I want to make the world a little better and protect good faith tourists from such people by warning them and at least trying to pull those people out of circulation. That's how I was raised and that was my daily job for many years. That's why I take that step and think it's the right one. With about 60 victims in just 2 months, this is a professional criminal and for me at least not a small fish. And as for the reward, no matter - that's worth it to me and I can afford it!!! So I hope you understand this way...
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

CambodiaGerman1 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:39 pm
Bedazzler! wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:11 pm I have, in the past, in other countries, been approached on the street by locals who are "fund raising" and who show me a sheet with names of other Westerners and amounts donated.

Of course I could have done that here - but that's not my style! I want to make the world a little better and protect good faith tourists from such people by warning them and at least trying to pull those people out of circulation. That's how I was raised and that was my daily job for many years. That's why I take that step and think it's the right one. With about 60 victims in just 2 months, this is a professional criminal and for me at least not a small fish. And as for the reward, no matter - that's worth it to me and I can afford it!!! So I hope you understand this way...
How do you know all those sixty people named on the sheet exist and donated money?

You called the police to say "Man walking around with piece of paper listing names and numbers"?
Locked Previous topicNext topic