"Beautiful" Khmer Facebook Star 2nd Nose Job

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: "Beautiful" Khmer Facebook Star 2nd Nose Job

Post by Yobbo »

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:34 pm Image
Are u saying she's a dog?? Agreed!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:52 pm
Yobbo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:34 pm Image
Are u saying she's a dog?? Agreed!
No I'm saying I have basic instincts.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:01 pm
No I'm saying I have basic instincts.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

DaveG wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:29 pm What you think Brody !!!!!, Yay or Nay...............
The Khmer nouveau riche, whom all these walking plastic surgery disasters are angling to impress can have them....all of them.

Give me a humble, dusky jewel from the deepest provincial backwater, with the ethnically ubiquitous button nose, rounded face, high cheek bones and long, silky, raven black hair any day over this plasticized horror show which passes for beauty these days.

If I may be so bold...empty vessels; shallow beyond all recognition; little to no substance; wealth signalling outward appearances at all costs; depthless souls... the lot of 'em.

God help them when the wrinkles start to set in and the dismal tide of age wraps its gnarled fingers around their gullets and squeezes one last moment of clarity into their consciousness and they, at long last, come to grips with the folly and misplaced priorities of their misbegotten youth.

For the sake of this material obsessed culture I hope not all creative and intellectual endeavors are quashed for the sake of the fragile facade of 'appearances'.

One day I hope to see great wielders of prose, verse, film, art and science bubble to the surface to show true depth and potential of the Khmer people that must exist somewhere in the midst of this vapid tidal wave of selfie taking, latte quaffing, look at me, blights on Earth's progress.

So, in short, DaveG....Nay.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Where did you find this story Mishmash? It doesn't seem to be the usual mainstream news fodder and I didn't have you down as the type to be perusing Cambodian teen mags, in short sir, you're as good as providing links to news stories as CEO News

:beer3:

I'm with Brody, this desire to look all super white and pointy features is a crying shame when you line them up against a dark-skinned, almond eyed real Khmer beauty. The obsession with surgery will only continue and then when the next hot young things appear and usurp them and their followers diminish as fast as their bank account they'll be forced to try all sorts of extreme measures to stay "beuatiful"most likely with the same disastorous results as this Korean lady who resorted to cooking oil to plump out the wrinkles...i guess it kinda worked...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rgery.html
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm Where did you find this story Mishmash? It doesn't seem to be the usual mainstream news fodder and I didn't have you down as the type to be perusing Cambodian teen mags, in short sir, you're as good as providing links to news stories as CEO News
Apologies

https://postnews.com.kh/komsan/497026
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

@angkorjohn2

I swear I was just swatting up on General Relativity when my 3 year old daughter hit the back button or something and this came up.

I wasn't looking through the arts section of some obscure Khmer media outlet tat - honest!!!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm
And how in the hell did you get a pic of my mother-in-law.. Have you been facebooking her after you promised me you would stop!
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm
And how in the hell did you get a pic of my mother-in-law.. Have you been facebooking her after you promised me you would stop!
Apologies sir, but the heart wants what it wants I cannot help myself :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic