Police doing important work

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Police doing important work

Post by rogerrabbit »

Police doing traffic enforcement in Sihanoukville (22.10.2019)

Full video
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Police doing important work

Post by explorer »

It might be good after they give them training.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Many Cambodians dont have driving lessons as we do in other countries. They just get in the car and go. Some of them are like learner drivers without a teacher. There can also be other factors, like being drunk. So the poorly trained police are evenly matched with the poorly trained drivers. At least it is fair.

I am starting to think that Cambodia's difficulty in meeting the expectations of some westerners are perhaps caused by educational and income standards. The average Australian policeman with 5 - 7 years experience makes 77,900 ASD. and has a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
I believe that Cambodian police salary and educational requirements to become a policeman may be lower.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hey, this is Sihanoukville. You do not need to be Cambodian to drive badly while drunk and without a license. The good part is that the cops now confiscate cars instead of motorbikes. That must be an improvement in their living standards. And they deserve it.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:56 pm Many Cambodians dont have driving lessons as we do in other countries. They just get in the car and go. Some of them are like learner drivers without a teacher. There can also be other factors, like being drunk. So the poorly trained police are evenly matched with the poorly trained drivers. At least it is fair.

I am starting to think that Cambodia's difficulty in meeting the expectations of some westerners are perhaps caused by educational and income standards. The average Australian policeman with 5 - 7 years experience makes 77,900 ASD. and has a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
I believe that Cambodian police salary and educational requirements to become a policeman may be lower.
Yes here they generally have to pay 77,900 ASD to get the job.

In the vid they had the courtesy to salute... It's a nice touch.

The police made no dough tho...

Would have loved to see someone getting a positive and paying the grand... or getting the beats..
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

There was a thread on this, last year I think. Yeah:
newsworthy/today-sihanoukville-police-t ... 20677.html
Maybe it needs bumping up. :)
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

More to the point what are the Khmer Police doing in Chinoukville, China ???

Surely they should be in Cambodia..
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

looks like one of the guys early in the second vid give his cop some "let me pass" money just off camera. hmm, maybe the machine did work correctly for him....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic