Blind and traveling USA to Cambodia in two days!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Blind and traveling USA to Cambodia in two days!

Post by sigmoid »

mouytiet wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:08 pm Well I think David is either a troll or he has been fed to the pigs in the provinces and his dog spit roasted and served with green tree ant dip.

SeaWolf Redux???
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

sigmoid wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:20 pm
mouytiet wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:08 pm Well I think David is either a troll or he has been fed to the pigs in the provinces and his dog spit roasted and served with green tree ant dip.

SeaWolf Redux???
Well it has been 5 days since we heard from him so maybe mouytiet is correct on either suggestion, or at a push OP found out the hard way his trust had been abused and is too ashamed to update us. Or maybe he is having the ride of his life...
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Nixon wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 pm I am really interested to learn how a blind person who only can see a little bit of light can read and write so well on CEO.
They use a screen reader. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzffnbBex6c That video explains how they work, check out some of that guy's other videos too, he's pretty funny and good at explaining how blind people get stuff done.
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

trDavid wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:28 am
Here’s what isup. I am blind, I only see a little bit of light.
Pretty cool that that the apps mentioned delivers spelling errors.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Nixon wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 am
trDavid wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:28 am
Here’s what isup. I am blind, I only see a little bit of light.
Pretty cool that that the apps mentioned delivers spelling errors.
Watch the fkn video I linked if you don't know how blind people use computers. Operating systems have an "Accessibility" button you may have noticed, it's not a third party app and it just reads what's on the screen and tells you where/when to enter text. To input text they still have to either use voice to text, or (far more commonly as shown in the video I linked) they just learn to type without being able to see the keyboard, then let the screen reader read it back to them. There is nothing about typos that is exclusive to people who have vision, if anything you'd expect more typos from someone who can't see the fkn keyboard.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I can see the keyboard perfectly well but still can't spell........., but that's because I didn't study hard enough at School or maybe I'm just thick. :Yahoo!:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

If anyone is passing Raffles, they could drop in and inquire about the blind American. They may know of his whereabouts.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 pm If anyone is passing Raffles, they could drop in and inquire about the blind American. They may know of his whereabouts.
a quality hotel will not provide any info,
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 pm If anyone is passing Raffles, they could drop in and inquire about the blind American. They may know of his whereabouts.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

According to the OP he arrived on the 13th and was booked into Raffles for 12 Days so his last day is tomorrow.

If I was him, I would have been a trifle skeptical of posting further on here, despite everyone's well meaning.

Calling his current lady and maybe future wife, some damn disgusting names without a shred of evidence.

My God - if people did that out and about it's fighting talk, so perhaps it's beneath his dignity to rise to the bait.

I confess to doubting the tale of rude Raffles staff.

He may yet post and I hope he does.

I would like to see a happy ending, despite the warning signs and I hope he had a great adventure here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic