New Khmer Style Driving now Trending Smash Hit

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Khmer Style Driving now Trending Smash Hit

Post by Mishmash »

The "Trendy" New Khmer Style of driving into Houses, Shops and Residences had a late entry last night.

Why just park when you can make a "Grand Entry" and splash the cash.

For Style this one ranks a 7/10, and the stall owner received a hefty $200 prize, instead of his $20 normal takings.

andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: New Khmer Style Driving now Trending Smash Hit

Post by andy1 »

The driver was peckish and thought it was a drive through??
chiaojiang
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chiaojiang »

And instead of being detained in a station, this drunk driver was allowed by the police to drive away.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Many Cambodians dont have driving lessons like we to in other countries. They just get in the car and go. Some of them are like learner drivers without a teacher. There can also be other factors, like being drunk.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

explorer wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 pm Many Cambodians dont have driving lessons like we to in other countries. They just get in the car and go. Some of them are like learner drivers without a teacher. There can also be other factors, like being drunk.
Actually I am surprised that there are so few accidents all things considered - especially the drink driving and no real driving test

There are loads of accidents, sure - a very high rate - but when i look how many drink and drive which is everyone basically - the numbers appear to be far less than I would expect.

Maybe practice makes perfect.

Don't shoot the messenger please
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Explication:
Phnom Penh: An elderly man was driving his car when he crashed into a food stall at 11pm on October 22, 2019 along Street 182, located in Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.

According to witnesses, an elderly drunk man was driving fast when he arrived at the scene, and lost control of his vehicle, probably because he was too drunk to control the steering wheel. As a result, he drove into a roadside foodstall and caused some material damage at the site, but nobody was injured.
In the end, local police and the representatives of the car owner came to a financial agreement, where the driver will pay US$200 compensation to the stall owner for the damage caused by the accident.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:34 pm Actually I am surprised that there are so few accidents all things considered - especially the drink driving and no real driving test

There are loads of accidents, sure - a very high rate - but when i look how many drink and drive which is everyone basically - the numbers appear to be far less than I would expect.

far from it
I'm also surprised there aren't more deaths given the level of fucktardery on the roads
it's mainly the low speeds, and maybe buddha though, not practice

this was only a slight overshoot anyway
cambodians try to park right in the entrace if possible
less far to walk

monstra mihi bona!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Phnom Poon wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Mishmash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:34 pm Actually I am surprised that there are so few accidents all things considered - especially the drink driving and no real driving test

far from it
I'm also surprised there aren't more deaths given the level of fucktardery on the roads
it's mainly the low speeds, and maybe buddha though, not practice

this was only a slight overshoot anyway
cambodians try to park right in the entrace if possible
less far to walk
Never thought we would be grateful for traffic jams - but there you go..

Near my house they put a new concrete road a few years back... Sadly they stole the steel reinforcement bars and replaced it with bamboo :facepalm: Now the road is completely fucked in squares. It's like a moto cross track now.. hill climbs, potholes, the works.. So everyone drives at 1km/hr .

Then they dug up the sides last week to put in new drainage to cope with the massive flooding we get round here. I looked in the pipes and they were 3/4 full of water already (high water table) so what the fuck use was that!!! Mind boggling and they got paid heaps to put it in.. Derrrrrrr...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic