Two army units now under direct control of Thai King

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two army units now under direct control of Thai King

Post by Mishmash »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:17 pm On 19 January 2009, Harry Nicolaides, an Australian national, was sentenced to three years in prison for self-publishing a fictional book deemed to have violated lèse majesté. The offending passage alluded to rumours that "if the prince fell in love with one of his minor wives and she betrayed him, she and her family would disappear with their name, familial lineage and all vestiges of their existence expunged forever". Nicolaides was later pardoned by the king. If you live in Thailand, it is probably wise not to have an opinion and certainly wise not to publish your opinion if a fictional book can land you in prison. I have read there is a prison inside the palace walls but I am not stating there is. If there is a prison, then I am sure those that are incarcerated there deserve their punishment.
Yes the laws are very tough.

Lucky, I have only talked about a lady who has officially been removed by notification in the published Royal gazette.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:17 pm On 19 January 2009, Harry Nicolaides, an Australian national, was sentenced to three years in prison for self-publishing a fictional book deemed to have violated lèse majesté. The offending passage alluded to rumours that "if the prince fell in love with one of his minor wives and she betrayed him, she and her family would disappear with their name, familial lineage and all vestiges of their existence expunged forever". Nicolaides was later pardoned by the king. If you live in Thailand, it is probably wise not to have an opinion and certainly wise not to publish your opinion if a fictional book can land you in prison. I have read there is a prison inside the palace walls but I am not stating there is. If there is a prison, then I am sure those that are incarcerated there deserve their punishment.
I could list many innocents in that prison, for example the poor guard that collapsed at the old kings funeral ended up there and tortured and beaten, did he deserve it ? NO
How about King Vaj ex wives family? they ended up there just for being related.
You sound like you approve of the draconian LM law
The new king is a mad sadistic maniac to put it midly
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

adders28 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:26 pm
I could list many innocents in that prison, for example the poor guard that collapsed at the old kings funeral ended up there and tortured and beaten, did he deserve it ? NO
How about King Vaj ex wives family? they ended up there just for being related.
You sound like you approve of the draconian LM law
The new king is a mad sadistic maniac to put it midly
Good example here of the stupidity of this law, worse is how the junta use it. Many of my thai friends live in exile now for being anti monarchy/junta

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... ernet-post
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

He was being sarcastic my friend. 9 was great, 10 is not.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:09 pm I was being sarcastic my friend. 9 was great, 10 is not.
9 was only great due to brainwashing propaganda its too late for mad vaj ,Rama 9 he shot his brother Ananda and had 3 servant scapegoats executed, he approved the uni massacres of 1976, every coup, red shirts, even thaksins war on drugs (explains why opposition never mention it) he lived with depression most of his life and did not want to live in thailand , he never loved his cousin the queen either......this info is available outside of thailand it was released in secret cables to USA under freedom if info act
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

adders28 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:18 pm
Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:09 pm I was being sarcastic my friend. 9 was great, 10 is not.
9 was only great due to brainwashing propaganda its too late for mad vaj ,Rama 9 he shot his brother Ananda and had 3 servant scapegoats executed, he approved the uni massacres of 1976, every coup, red shirts, even thaksins war on drugs (explains why opposition never mention it) he lived with depression most of his life and did not want to live in thailand , he never loved his cousin the queen either......this info is available outside of thailand it was released in secret cables to USA under freedom if info act
I hope you are using a VPN sir - this forum is monitored as evidenced by the fact it was difficult to access during the elections in Cambodia.

In fact, it was only possible to reach via a VPN, so we know it is on the Government watch list.

It is open on the net.

I am an advocate of free-speech and by that I mean everyone has the right to say anything whatsoever, but that does not mean we should expose ourselves to needless risk.

As I say, I commented on the lady because she was no longer under the lese-majeste law.

I have zero intentions of annoying the King of Thailand in any way whatsoever, because like electricity, I don't go touching the live-rail, even though it is useful in my everyday life.

Take care brother
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic