7777 Massage Ladies Accused of Switching $200

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

7777 Massage Ladies Accused of Switching $200

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On October 22, 2019, two men claim they had US$200 stolen at a massage shop named 7777, on street 271, Sangkat Beung Salang, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh.

One of the two men said he took a Lexus car to the massage shop with his friend. The massage lady told him to take off his clothes and wear a towel. While he was getting the massage, another woman stole his wallet and changed $200 with fake money. The victim had a total of 500 USD and 100,000 riels in his wallet. After the massage, he noticed the fake money in his wallet, so he reported it to the police.
The massage lady denied that she stole the money. The police took the victim and the suspect to the police station for further questioning.
Not surprisingly, once again, the theft occurred at a 10,000riel massage joint.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 7777 Massage Ladies Accused of Switching $200

Post by Mishmash »

I'm gonna go with 10k in cash in ghost money and then claim a switcheroo while my pants were down.

The cunning trick lies in surreptitiously recording my handily placed wallet when the attempted switch of ghost money for ghost money takes place, as evidence for the local cops.

It's a 50/50 chance plus a free massage..

If it included a happy ending all well and good.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I am amazed they still make that money. They could easily pass a law saying it has to be clearly different. It could be larger or smaller, or have copy clearly in large letters on both sides, or in any way be clearly different. It is mostly foreigners getting scammed, so they keep it legal.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:23 pm I am amazed they still make that money. They could easily pass a law saying it has to be clearly different. It could be larger or smaller, or have copy clearly in large letters on both sides, or in any way be clearly different. It is mostly foreigners getting scammed, so they keep it legal.
Are you suggesting the US mint change the $100 bill so that guys going to massage parlours in the KOW don t get their cash stolen and replaced by counterfeit? Or are you saying that Cambodia must make a law that counterfeit money must not look like real money? I am lost following your train of thought.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:34 pm
explorer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:23 pm I am amazed they still make that money. They could easily pass a law saying it has to be clearly different. It could be larger or smaller, or have copy clearly in large letters on both sides, or in any way be clearly different. It is mostly foreigners getting scammed, so they keep it legal.
Are you suggesting the US mint change the $100 bill so that guys going to massage parlours in the KOW don t get their cash stolen and replaced by counterfeit? Or are you saying that Cambodia must make a law that counterfeit money must not look like real money? I am lost following your train of thought.
I think the money he is referring to is the mickey mouse stuff mass produced for the various rituals on some holidays of burning money, or just wads of the stuff to fill up the little 'Buddha House' things (because Buddha doesn't care if it is counterfeit or not, it's the thought that counts). There's stacks of the stuff with the word "COPY" clearly printed on it, and it is basically just paper.

North Korean US dollar counterfeits on the other hand, different animal.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:34 pm
I think the money he is referring to is the mickey mouse stuff mass produced for the various rituals on some holidays of burning money, or just wads of the stuff to fill up the little 'Buddha House' things (because Buddha doesn't care if it is counterfeit or not, it's the thought that counts). There's stacks of the stuff with the word "COPY" clearly printed on it, and it is basically just paper.

North Korean US dollar counterfeits on the other hand, different animal.
ah, perhaps a law against theft would be easier. I read a report of some Vietnamese bringing a suitcase of it into the States for their merit-making, they weren t charged with counterfeiting but the worthless paper was seized. It is of such poor quality that no one in their right mind is fooled.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:05 pm I'm gonna go with 10k in cash in ghost money and then claim a switcheroo while my pants were down.

The cunning trick lies in surreptitiously recording my handily placed wallet when the attempted switch of ghost money for ghost money takes place, as evidence for the local cops.

It's a 50/50 chance plus a free massage..

If it included a happy ending all well and good.
I like this idea. Otherwise, just do NOT carry large amounts of cash when you go to seedy massage parlors. Or just take riel. The scammers are unlikely to have fake riel. :plus1:
It is not mostly foreigners getting scammed. Do a search on the forum. Lately, there have been a lot of reports of Cambodian nationals getting done over. If the police wanted to do something about this money-switching scam in massage parlours, they could send in their best undercover guys, have a load of free happy massages, bust a load of places for stealing, and make a big thing of parading the money-switchers in public. But, IMO there won't be action until someone makes a big scandal about it on social media. 8)

As it is, money-switching is an easy way to steal money with no real consequences. If they get caught and someone calls the cops, then whoops, they return the money: "Soam dtoh, here's your money sir, it was a mistake. " With, of course, a tip for the police assistance. :hattip:
Lol. Win-win as they say here.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Hookers the world over steal your cash.

Some street ladies I knew in Manchester used to go near the courts (yep - guess who their biggest customers were!) at night.

They would take the john down the back-alley for a gobble.

Then when the deed was taking place and the guy was in second heaven they would be feeling for his wallet.

When their greasy mitts found it they would suddenly shout "Police - Police"

The John would immediately zip up and scoot without a second thought for his wallet.

Hey Presto!!!

That's why these 10000Riel Places are called clip joints bro..

You have to be skilled in their cunning ways and maybe you'll get out paying only for the services you negotiated.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Massage parlours need to start accepting Alipay.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

ofparadise wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:11 pm Massage parlours need to start accepting Alipay.
All major types of credit card accepted!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic