Crooks Crack Safe and Scoot with 50k

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Crooks Crack Safe and Scoot with 50k

Post by Mishmash »

2 Unidentified Crooks slipped the net and made a clean getaway with 50k after crudely cracking a 'safe' (no pun intended) at a factory in Takmao.

Police recovered a monkey wrench and a screwdriver close to the scene, but the masks and helmets worn by the perps fooled the AI Facial Recognition Surveillance System.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Crooks Crack Safe and Scoot with 50k

Post by Doc67 »

I reckon they've done that before...

That safe seems to be made of pressed steel outer with a filling of what? Cement? Perhaps to give it the feel of being solid while actually being a glorified tin can.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:58 pm I reckon they've done that before...

That safe seems to be made of pressed steel outer with a filling of what? Cement? Perhaps to give it the feel of being solid while actually being a glorified tin can.
it looks like mine , ...
... cement ? .. it must be to make it heavy and kinda fire proof , and meant to keep your kids and houseguests out of it
Not the nieghbors or prowling crooks when you’re not at home ... unless you have a good neighbor in earshot
But I’m not going to try opening mine with a potato I saw here about the blind guy troll at raffles
even tho I don’t doubt it probly can be done
Was under $200 - and figger it’s probly worth that much to me so far
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Yeah Doc...

This is the third or fourth similar heist this year with a highly similar MO.

(Actually the boss of RX Block that got screwed is a friend of mine (145k gone) but that was an inside job))

Perhaps Oceans Eleven ARE here...

The Safe??? make looks like Century with the inevitable "Chinese Warranty" label and the completely Fraudulent BOOIL Stick-on label and the Model number BS/T750 - completely made up shite... Chinese Rip Off of a well-known Korean brand

A Corned Beef tin when you've lost the key is tougher to crack.

They should have saved some money on the safe and maybe just used this...

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I bet the victims are saying, '' Thank Buddha we kept the other $100 k hidden under the mattress ''

No-one ever looks there.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Duncan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm I bet the victims are saying, '' Thank Buddha we kept the other $100 k hidden under the mattress ''

No-one ever looks there.
Except my ex-KGB Khmer wife :ROFL:

She can spot a foreign hair in the house from fucking Prey Veng.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Mishmash wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Yeah Doc...

This is the third or fourth similar heist this year with a highly similar MO.

(Actually the boss of RX Block that got screwed is a friend of mine (145k gone) but that was an inside job))

Perhaps Oceans Eleven ARE here...

The Safe??? make looks like Century with the inevitable "Chinese Warranty" label and the completely Fraudulent BOOIL Stick-on label and the Model number BS/T750 - completely made up shite... Chinese Rip Off of a well-known Korean brand

A Corned Beef tin when you've lost the key is tougher to crack.

They should have saved some money on the safe and maybe just used this...

This is my safe...

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am
This is my safe...

Mine too.

Although my missus prefers gold, she doesn't like bits of paper otherwise known as banknotes.

Remember Zimbabwe - suddenly a trillion bought you a tin of beans.

And when those ATMs malfunction or run out of dough it's a right pain in the butt.

ABA is a great Bank!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic