NEW TAT Promotion

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

NEW TAT Promotion

Post by phuketrichard »

Thai Authorities To Promote 'Martial Law Tourism' :facepalm:
BANGKOK — The Tourism Authority of Thailand says its preparing to add one more tourist attraction to the Kingdom's long list of temples, beaches, and mountains: life under martial law.

"The TAT is preparing a campaign called '24 Hours Enjoy Thailand' to attract foreign tourists to visit Thailand under martial law," TAT Governor Thawatchai Arunyik told Thai Rath newspaper on Friday.

Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day.

"We want the tourists to be confident that they can travel in Thailand both day and night with safety at all times," Thawatchai said, adding that he hopes to promote this concept by creating a "buzz" on social media.

The military imposed martial law over the entire nation on 20 May and seized power two days later.
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 1413179452

Brings to mind this song; which really should be their campaign

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Re: NEW TAT Promotion

Post by MekongMouse »

They just have no fucking clue, do they?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I feel safer just knowing this.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Maybe if the junta wants to prove how effective martial law is, they'll force the police to arrest the protected family member responsible for the koh Tao murders. Too much to ask, right?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Oh, no thai could possibly do that. Only savage outlanders.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow, really, who would have thought ????? :plus1:

I thought everyone would love to visit a military controlled country on their holidays where people are being murdered and being robbed LOL
Tourism industry bodies desperate for a boost amid weak bookings

BANGKOK: -- The tourism sector is reiterating its call for the government to lift martial law in the face of losses due to the continued drop in tourist arrivals.

Key tourism groups - Thai Travel Agents Association (ATTA) and Thai Hotels Association (THA) - voiced their concern over the decline in arrivals despite the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)'s many campaigns to woo visitors in the wake of the coup.

ATTA has strongly advised the government to lift martial law, while THA is calling for measures to boost confidence in terms of safety and protect tourists from scams.

Between January and September, international arrivals at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport stood at 9.1 million, down from 11.3 million in the same period last year, according to the Immigration Police Bureau. This shows a 19-per-cent decline.

The bureau also reported that visitors from all regions, with the exception of Eastern Europe, had plunged by 5 to 30 per cent. Visitors from Northeast Asia recorded the biggest decline of 30 per cent, followed by East Asia (29 per cent) and Oceania (16 per cent). Visitors from east European nations, namely Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Commonwealth nations posted a growth.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 45420.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I guess anywhere is better than eastern europe.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I reckon being at the marketing campaign strategy forming level in TAT must be one of the best jobs in the world. You could come out with the most totally off the wall piss taking ideas and it would probably still be accepted. I'd go home with my sides hurting every day. Oh to be a fly on the wall. What next, murder tourism.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic