Foreigners arrested for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreigners arrested for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours
18/10/2019
Naew Na reported that immigration police nationwide continued to crack down on property owners and temporary foreign migrants not reporting their whereabouts within 24 hours.

Fines were doled out in relation to Articles 37 and 38. People were advised what to do to avoid fines in the future.

In Nakhon Nayok a 58 year old woman called just “A” who runs a convenience store in Muang district was fined along with a migrant worker.

In Rayong one property owner and two migrants were fined.

In Hua Hin another person at a construction site was fined.

Naew Na said 1178 was the number to call to report violations of the 1979 regulations.

Naew Na /Thai Visa/ http://www.samuitimes.com/nationwide-im ... -24-hours/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreigners arrested for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

Post by Mishmash »

It's been the law for donkey's years - I have obeyed it since I arrived.

For anyone else in the dragnet please reference the LAW - end of story.

Learn it before you come here.

Quit treating this country like shit.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Its ONLY been enforced for the last year, ( I never did TM 30reports till last year)
Reason is they say it helps them track bad guys, BUT bad guys know ways around it, so its a complete waste of time & resources and is upsetting all expats living here.

The outcome is its starting to upset the locals cause now they are targeting the thai landlords, soon they will stop renting to Farangs.
Keep saying their bringing out a mobile app to do 90 day reports ( been dong this online for 4 years) and the tm 30

Immigration says its the Landlords responsibility to do the tm 30, BUT try and do anything at immigration if ur tm 30 is not up to date and its the expat that pays the fine :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Thailand is so great...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

The subject title is misleading, a fine is payment of money, arrested is loss of liberty. If you want to sensationalize why not title the topic " Foreigners EXECUTED for not reporting in 24 hours "? I am a guest in Thailand and just as my country issues visas and I expect those visa holders to obey the law, I obey the law. Sisaket is" blessed" with an immigration office, it is a short 15-minute drive from my home and I have never been treated with anything but courtesy and respect at it. I understand each office is run like a little fiefdom and here the law is interpreted as only needing to register when I have left the country, not the province. I take my passport, yellow book and Thai national ID and off course my wife's ID as she is the one that is supposed to register me, she does not need to attend. Once I forgot her ID and her business card was sufficient for the officer.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

This is also for folk coming in on the 30 day visa waiver? I just did 3 weeks in Chonburi and Udon. Never heard I had to do anything but give my passport to hotel owner (one did not even ask)
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Fourkinnel wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 pm This is also for folk coming in on the 30 day visa waiver? I just did 3 weeks in Chonburi and Udon. Never heard I had to do anything but give my passport to hotel owner (one did not even ask)
The hotel owner is responsible for reporting. If you stay at a private residence the homeowner is responsible, this is a problem primarily for long-stay visa holders either renting or living in a home in their wife's name.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:23 pm
Fourkinnel wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 pm This is also for folk coming in on the 30 day visa waiver? I just did 3 weeks in Chonburi and Udon. Never heard I had to do anything but give my passport to hotel owner (one did not even ask)
The hotel owner is responsible for reporting. If you stay at a private residence the homeowner is responsible, this is a problem primarily for long-stay visa holders either renting or living in a home in their wife's name.
visa exempt, tourist staying in hotel does not need to report BUT if you stay in a friends house/apt/condo the owner is required to report you, This is a real hassle IF you use a airbnb lodging as 99 out of 100x the owner wont report you.

Phuket has a drive thru window and all we need do is hand in our passport,( no additional paperwork) and we need report when ever we spend a night away from home ( if checked into a hotel) and also when return from overseas
BUT I have set it up and can report online.
Not a big deal and certainly not a deal breaker to stay in Thailand.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:38 am It's been the law for donkey's years - I have obeyed it since I arrived.

For anyone else in the dragnet please reference the LAW - end of story.

Learn it before you come here.

Quit treating this country like shit.
Wake up its a law from 1979 that is so outdated IT DOES NOT WORK!!!
just a cash cow as per
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:33 am Thailand is so great...
Thailand is heading towards very dark times indeed, absolute monarchy is coming
Today i see report they want to put trackers in ALL cars...
yeh its great if you do not live there
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic